dnaspliceoflife
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Can Red Hat Adacemy Admin create a course and assign instructor?

Hey all,

I'm the Red Hat Academy Admin and this semester we've added a new person to teach the Red Hat Content for the first time. I've always taught everything myself up to now.

It is not obvious to me if it is possible for the admin to create a class and place an instuctor as the lead or if the instructor has to do that him/herself.

I've added the instructor as admin. I've create a class as an instructor but I've not changed/assigned instructors ad admin.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks

You are more than the sum of what you consume.
Desire is not an occupation.
Labels (3)
2 Replies
JeffDube
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Great question! Only instructors can create classes. Unfortunately, the admin cannot create and assign classes. Admins can only add instructors and see all the courses created by the instructors. 

Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

As an academy_admin, you can add an instructor to your Academy. You cannot assign an instructor to a class or create classes for them.

As an instructor, you can create classes and add students to them. You cannot add another instuctor, or academy_admin, to the Academy.

I hope you are both:

Tracy_Baker_0-1704490718558.png

Click your login name in the upper right corner. You can then use the drop-down list to change your role.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.