rdz89
Cadet
Cadet
  • 16.9K Views

How to retake an exam (Red Hat Learning Subscription)

Hi everbody,

Yesterday I failed the RHCSA exam, my questions are how long do I need to wait in order to retake that exam and how do I register?

Thanks a lot for your answers (:

Bes Regards,

Francisco

14 Replies
oldbenko
  • 15.7K Views

Hey, @rdz89,

I am sorry to hear you failed the exam.

There is no retake policy, which means that in theory, you could have retaken the exam on the very next day, but usually that is not practically possible due to the wait time for the results and the formalities involved in re-registering.

If you wish to re-register, just go to the RHCSA exam page, select your country (if it isn't already selected), and click "Get Started".

All the best in your next attempt!

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
Tags (2)
rdz89
Cadet
Cadet
  • 15.7K Views

Thanks a lot for your answer, @oldbenko. Is this re-register process the same if I have the Learning Subscription -which means I have a retake for the exam-? I clicked the "Get Started" option but it seems that I need to pay the fee for the exam.

Thanks again. 

Tags (2)
oldbenko
  • 15.6K Views

Hey, @rdz89,

Yes, I believe what @Radesh describes could be the path to take towards registering for a re-take.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
Radesh
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
  • 15.7K Views

When I took RH342 I failed it the first go round, but I went back to the email I received that says, "You've unlocked an exam", and used the same process to register again.

In that case I passed it on the 2nd go-round.

When I took DO280, I failed it twice, and could not take it again until I get a new subscription.

Hope this helps.

I'm unable to attend my first atempt and voucher is expired on december but i'm scheduled my exam 2 time but both the time some error occured so can i reattemp my exam.

First time i have some technical issue due to that unable to attempt my exam and after rescheduling the exam their was RedHat technical issue that's why I'm unable to attemp my exam and my voucher is expired.

if possible to reschedule my exam or either considered as second attempt. 

0 Kudos
cschunke
Community Manager
Community Manager

All RHLS exams are time-bound to the start and end dates of your subscription. We understand technical issues can occur with the exam environment for remote exams, so the Certification team has provided extensive setup instructions and resources linked below. @ArunKushwaha have you reached out to the technical support team from your RHLS subscription, or within the Exam Scheduler?

0 Kudos

Hello I'm Hari Arun Kumar , Email:aruncenah03@gmail.com

I have Scheduled my exam on 22nd of Aug but didn't attend the exam by some personal issues. so how should I reschedule my second attempt exam, I did not get any mail to reschedule.

0 Kudos
Mostafa1
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

If you own RHLS, you can select the exam from the rol.redhat.com page and
click on Retake.
I recommend first to contact exam support and tell them the reason why you
were not able to take the exam and ask for a free retake.
0 Kudos

if there is issue come up that person's rhcsa exam is expired for any reason and he has chance of second attempt if he fails the exam in first attempt So, in this case of expiration of first attempt , will the second attempt will still be available ,since  here first attempt is not failed but expired 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.