Pozinux
Cadet
Cadet

Is it possible to reset my progress?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to reset your progress into RHLS course? I don't want some courses to appear started in my dashboard just because I read a few chapters to see if I'm interested in this course. Also in case I started a course in, for example, version 2.0 and then realised that version 2.2 is available. 

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
laurpaum
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
Hi,

To my knowledge, it is not possible to reset the progress on a course, or remove courses from your dashboard.

However, each version of a course has its own progress. You could be in chapter 4 on version 2.0 and in chapter 2 on version 2.2.

View solution in original post

cschunke
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no way to reset progress, nor is there any plan to in the future. The progress drives so many functions of your learning subscription, including your dashboards, reports, and certificate of attendance. In addition, with management reporting, we do not want managers to see a change in progress from complete to incomplete as that will appear as a mistake, rather than a user trying to do something to adapt their experience. We will take this feedback to see if there is something we can do to assist your experience without affecting progress. Can you please help us understand how this would help your course experience? Is it only to remove it from your Home Page list of recent offerings?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
laurpaum
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
Hi,

To my knowledge, it is not possible to reset the progress on a course, or remove courses from your dashboard.

However, each version of a course has its own progress. You could be in chapter 4 on version 2.0 and in chapter 2 on version 2.2.
Pozinux
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hi @Pozinux !

Thanks for reaching out !  If you have not raised a support case yet , please do so and our support team might help you.

0 Kudos
cschunke
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no way to reset progress, nor is there any plan to in the future. The progress drives so many functions of your learning subscription, including your dashboards, reports, and certificate of attendance. In addition, with management reporting, we do not want managers to see a change in progress from complete to incomplete as that will appear as a mistake, rather than a user trying to do something to adapt their experience. We will take this feedback to see if there is something we can do to assist your experience without affecting progress. Can you please help us understand how this would help your course experience? Is it only to remove it from your Home Page list of recent offerings?

alexajo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

This has been brought up several times in the past by different userswho want to retake the course a second or third time. I believe the manager's portal and the user's course progress should be separated. If I take an exam and do not pass, what would I naturally do? I would retake the course. If I'm showing 100% complete that makes it more difficult to track my progress when I retake the course from the begining when I'm already showing completed in the tracking bar at the top of the screen.

The potential solution could be that a user's course status that is available to the manager and is in the user's portal (along with the current course status) and a current course status (which can be reset) that is available on the course status bar at the top of the course as your taking it. I do not understand why there is such a hard stand against this.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.