Mukeshkumar
Cadet
Cadet

I want tool for Tracing and understanding flow of Playbooks and roles of Ansible

I want to know what effect and change will be there while running playbook. I want to know the meaning and effect every line of Playbook when it runs, SO I can understand playbook better.

Please Help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cl
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: I want tool for Tracing and understanding flow of Playbooks and roles of Ansible

Best would be to read the comprehensive documentation being provided on the Ansible website.

Red Hat Accelerator
access.redhat.com/accelerators
0 Kudos
Radesh
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: I want tool for Tracing and understanding flow of Playbooks and roles of Ansible

If by "effect" you mean whether a change will be made after running a playbook, I'd suggest using the 'dry-run' (-C, --check) option.

To understand what plays and tasks are part of a playbook, I might use the --list-tasks option and look closely at ones that stand out to me... reading the ansible-doc information for any modules I'm unfamiliar with.

Jayadev
Flight Engineer

The best option to monitor the execution of the playbook is to use --step.  This would stop at every task at show the result of the execution.

Thanks,

Jayadev

Radesh
Flight Engineer

Possibly; however, I take the question to mean the user want to figure out what should happen as opposed to stepping through the playbook.

Respectfully,

Radesh

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.