cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip_sweany
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Updated Course - RHOSP Admin I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) for OSP 13

Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110), has been updated to OSP 13. Notable changes to this CL110 course include two OpenStack structural design topics. First, the OpenStack architecture has converted major component services from being systemd-managed to being containerized. Administrators will learn to use the docker command to start, stop, query, and list installed services. Containerizing services allows OpenStack to scale easily and quickly, to be more resilient, and to more easily handle configuration management and upgrades.

Second, the Packstack installation tool has been deprecated. Packstack was originally designed to be used for small demonstration environments and proof of concept deployments. The new installation method uses the scalable and flexible Deployment service, TripleO, running on an undercloud system known as OpenStack director. Red Hat will only support director-based installations in the future. RHOSP 13 further introduces a new browser-based installation and upgrade tool for TripleO, the graphical director web UI.

RHOSP 13 includes many new features, including Identity service support for domains, integrated LDAP support on all nodes using RHEL IdM, a Telemetry service redesign for more efficient metrics loading, analysis and storage, and a Load Balancer service redesign to handle load balancing management using resilient and scalable VMs. Volume management has been enhanced with new capabilities, including the ability to mount volumes simultaneously on multiple VMs, and easier handling for both restricting and sharing volume access.

See the full details at the Red Hat CL110 course page:

Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators
https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/cl110-red-hat-openstack-administration-i

0 Kudos
0 Replies
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.