Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowardM
Cadet
Cadet

500 Internal Server Error when pushing image to Openshift Internal Registry

Hello,

I enabled the image registry for my single node Openshift cluster and configured it to use NFS storage, but when I try to push an image to it I get  500 Internal Server error as seen below:

sh-4.4# podman push image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/openshift/nginx
Getting image source signatures
Copying blob c1b1bf2f95dc [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 3.5KiB
Copying blob 4d99aab1eed4 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 107.8MiB
Copying blob ab75a0b61bd1 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 4.5KiB
Copying blob b7df9f234b50 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 2.5KiB
Copying blob 93b4c8c4ac05 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 5.0KiB
Copying blob a483da8ab3e9 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 74.2MiB
Copying blob fd31601f0be4 [--------------------------------------] 8.0b / 7.0KiB
Error: writing blob: initiating layer upload to /v2/openshift/nginx/blobs/uploads/ in image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000: received unexpected HTTP status: 500 Internal Server Error

Can anyone point me to the reason for this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Chetan_Tiwary_

@HowardM Do you see anything in the registry logs : oc logs <registry_pod>  ?

Quite possible that the NFS share has messed up permissions.

check the ownership and permission of the file system if permission issue is found in above logs and set it accrodingly with the correct uid & gid. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.