cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhbofa
Cadet
Cadet

Concept of customizing S2I to call assemble script from the builder image.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please help me to understand a fundamental concept here.

The  location of the S2I scripts inside its builder image is: 

image:///usr/libexec/s2i

In my custom S2I assemble script, I'm giving the same location to call the standard S2I assemble script from the builder image. I'm following this solution but not understanding why am I doing so. Why does my assemble script need to match with the s2i script location from the builder image.

Does the builder image read my assemble script or it's opposite?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flozano

The idea here is that you script does something else that the standard script do not, but you still need to run the standard script. It is about exntending the behavior, adding functionality.

If you wanna completely replace any of the s2i scripts from a builder image, you would have to be sure your script performs all tasks requires by s2i. It is easier to code a script that does something after or before calling standard script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
flozano

The idea here is that you script does something else that the standard script do not, but you still need to run the standard script. It is about exntending the behavior, adding functionality.

If you wanna completely replace any of the s2i scripts from a builder image, you would have to be sure your script performs all tasks requires by s2i. It is easier to code a script that does something after or before calling standard script.

rhbofa
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for explaining. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.