Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walid
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

DO380 labs seems to be broken

Jump to solution

first lab try, I could not login to the cluster, stop/restart, still the same, started writing an issue, then lab worksEOF error during loginEOF error during loginyou can see no DO380 LAB directory

DO380-dir-missing.png

logged in, can not see the DO380 directory on the workstation? anyone faced this

~ Walid - Red Hat Accelerator, DevOps Janitor
Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
alexcorcoles
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Walid,

Indeed, on Friday we pushed some updates to fix some of the issues you saw. New classrooms should behave better, although you might still need to wait a few minutes for the cluster to be fully operative. We are working on further improvements to this.

With regards to not seeing the DO380 directory, "lab xxx start" should create "/home/student/DO380", but only after verifying that the cluster is working. Also, not all guided exercises/chapter reviews provide files- the directory will only be created when you start a lab that provides files. The lab script should print "Download exercise files ... SUCCESS" if it creates "/home/student/DO380".

Hope that helps,

Álex

View solution in original post

alexcorcoles
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hmmm, which browser/OS are you using? I just tried Chrome and Firefox on RHEL 8 and macOS and (to my surprise, I thought this wouldn't work), ctrl+r worked for me on the console to trigger reverse search.

(On Linux and Windows ctrl+r typically is the browser's shortcut for reload, so I thought it'd just reload the page).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Walid
Flight Engineer

ok, even though the lab is active, make sure you wait a bit, 5 mins, before the api-server can answer, and make sure your lab start script does not report any issues.

0 Kudos
alexcorcoles
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Walid,

Indeed, on Friday we pushed some updates to fix some of the issues you saw. New classrooms should behave better, although you might still need to wait a few minutes for the cluster to be fully operative. We are working on further improvements to this.

With regards to not seeing the DO380 directory, "lab xxx start" should create "/home/student/DO380", but only after verifying that the cluster is working. Also, not all guided exercises/chapter reviews provide files- the directory will only be created when you start a lab that provides files. The lab script should print "Download exercise files ... SUCCESS" if it creates "/home/student/DO380".

Hope that helps,

Álex

Walid
Flight Engineer

Thank you, will try later this afternoon. one other thing I have noticed is that when I do ctrl-r to search my command line history, the workstation session disconnects and I lose the keyboard entry funtion into the terminal unless i start a new terminal. was that also resolved?

alexcorcoles
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hmmm, which browser/OS are you using? I just tried Chrome and Firefox on RHEL 8 and macOS and (to my surprise, I thought this wouldn't work), ctrl+r worked for me on the console to trigger reverse search.

(On Linux and Windows ctrl+r typically is the browser's shortcut for reload, so I thought it'd just reload the page).

Walid
Flight Engineer

Ubuntu Linux/Firefox, will try again later and see if it is my environment, will try with windows 10 too.

0 Kudos
Walid
Flight Engineer

It was a browser key binding ;-(

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.