Hi. I've almost completed DO180 and it seems there are several subjects that don't fall under OpenShift or Podman that are referenced. Don't want anybody to violate any NDA, but wondering if I should bone up on these topics if they are touched during the exam.
1. Git. I have a decent understanding but do I need to go beyond what is mentioned in DO180?
2. Linux Scripting. This is probably the topic I'm most worried about. How proficient does the exam expect me to be with scripting? How can I tell if I'm ready with the scripting skills?
3. NodeJs, Apache, etc. In the DO180 troubleshooting section it has an example where you have to edit the package.json or httpd.conf a few times. How do I know what other products I need to know, and in what depth, for this OpenShift certification?
Thanks in advance!
1. In ex180 as in most of the exams you need some basic git skills (set global conf, clone project, commit and push your work, etc..)
2. Basic scripts that runs podman commands
3. You don't need to be professional on application side, just need to be able to deploy them to the cluster (maybe with custom env vars or template params). You should have basic knowledge of files formats like yaml or json in case of syntax errors.
When you prepare for RH exams, I'd recommend you look at the exam objectives. For EX180, git, Linux scripting, or language runtimes (like NodeJS) aren't mentioned. Generally, if there is some knowledge required, you should be able to look that up from the documentation.
For example, you might be using NPM, and you might have to do something with ENV variables. Well, a quick scan of man npm tells you the following:
I would definitely encourage you to learn how to quickly search man pages if you haven't already.
Congratulations! Please note though that you are under non-disclosure agreement (NDA), so please do not discuss what is and is not in exams :). In any case, I would still stick to my advice to be able to search through manpages; it will serve exam takers well for multiple of our exams
There should be some sample questions provided to give idea on the exam format, this will help immensely those who are taking Red Hat exams for the first time.
Hi I can ask a question? What language could I choose when exam? (Does it support Simplified Chinese?)
The language support depends on the exam version that you want to take.
I think it's safe to contact the certification team and confirm if your exam is supported in Chinese.
certification team: email@example.com
A collaborative learning environment, enabling open source skill development.