Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowardM
Cadet
Cadet

Hello World Sample Application form - OpenShift for Developers

Hello, 

I am a newbie to OpenShift and currently exploring the book "OpenShift for Developers"

I am at chapter 4 and trying to build and deploy the sample Hello World application on OpenShift. The olny difference is that I am running SNO and not CRC.

When I try to deploy the application from git, it fails with Image PullBackOff. Below is the output of the events section of the pod:

Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal Scheduled 21m default-scheduler Successfully assigned o4d-hello/hello-git-84db8c665b-rxn6z to sno
Normal AddedInterface 21m multus Add eth0 [10.128.1.31/23] from ovn-kubernetes
Normal Pulling 19m (x4 over 21m) kubelet Pulling image "hello-git:latest"
Warning Failed 19m (x4 over 21m) kubelet Failed to pull image "hello-git:latest": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = reading manifest latest in docker.io/library/hello-git: requested access to the resource is denied
Warning Failed 19m (x4 over 21m) kubelet Error: ErrImagePull
Warning Failed 19m (x6 over 21m) kubelet Error: ImagePullBackOff
Normal BackOff 65s (x85 over 21m) kubelet Back-off pulling image "hello-git:latest"

Can anybody share with with me what I am doing wrong and how I resolve the ?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @HowardM !

Thanks for reaching out !

If you check the logs you have shared - it says 

Warning Failed 19m (x4 over 21m) kubelet Failed to pull image "hello-git:latest": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = reading manifest latest in docker.io/library/hello-git: requested access to the resource is denied
Warning Failed 19m (x4 over 21m) kubelet Error: ErrImagePull
Warning Failed 19m (x6 over 21m) kubelet Error: ImagePullBackOff

Something is blocking Kubernetes from being able to pull the image you want ( access denied could be the permission issue to pull the image from the registry )

Please refer this post for more details on the same error :

https://learn.redhat.com/t5/DO280-Red-Hat-OpenShift/ImagePullBackOff-amp-ErrImagePull-in-K8s/td-p/35... 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.