Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fahad
Cadet
Cadet

Specifying version of OpenShift in install-config.yaml file

Hi All,

I am new to OCP and want to know how we can specify in install-config.yaml file the version i want to install .

For e.g i want to install OCP 4.3.18

Thanks

Fahad

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Walid
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

On  top of what environment are you trying to install? as far as I know you do not specify the version in

install-config.yaml, it is the RHCOS images you downloaded and used for installation, look at the ignition file and check which RHCOS release is referenced?

~ Walid - Red Hat Accelerator, DevOps Janitor
0 Kudos
Fahad
Cadet
Cadet

Hi Walid,

I am deploying on Azure using IPI. Actually Red Hat support engineer asked this question

Please confirm which OCP you are installing OCP 4.3.0 or OCP 4.3.8

Fahad

0 Kudos
Walid
Flight Engineer

in your install directory, there will be a log file ".openshift_install.log" that has the version as part of the log. mine had something like "time="2020-05-10T19:23:48+03:00" level=debug msg="OpenShift Installer 4.4.3""

If it was a UPI install, check in the ignition file to determine the version by which version RHCOS is refernced

May be you can check the openshift-install tool for which version you tried to download also

./openshift-install version
openshift-install 4.4.3

0 Kudos
Fahad
Cadet
Cadet

Hi Walid,

Yes i can check the installer version but i need to know that this 4.3.18(in my case) installer is installing which OCP version.

How can i get that info?

Fahad

0 Kudos
Walid
Flight Engineer

it is by default installing 4.3.18 unless you have upgraded the cluster. What state is the cluster in? what files do you have available and accessible? do you have the openshift_install.log file? or can you do export KUBECONFIG=auth/kubeconfig if the api is up? and then you can use the whole shebang of oc commands against the cluster

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.