cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachgutterman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Updated for OCP 4.1 DO288 Red Hat OpenShift Development I

Hey learners! Last week we released a big updated for DO288 for OpenShift 4. Please take a look below at our release announcement and check out the new course in RHLS. Looking forward to your feedback!

Containers and OpenShift have quickly become the defacto solution for agile development and application deployment. Administrators and developers are seeking ways to improve application time-to-market for minimum viable products.  This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture. 

A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and, scalability, while decreasing developer overhead as well as facilitating continuous deployment.  Building on the container foundations set in DO180, DO288 is the first developer-focused OpenShift course.

Red Hat OpenShift Development I (DO288) teaches students how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift cluster. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture and enabling developers to leverage container technology to deploy their applications.

Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift for developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers. The final outcome from adopting a container-based architecture should lead toward more efficient development and increased overall productivity.

Learning Path 

lp.png

Release Notes

Students who have already taken DO288 on the previous release (OCP version 3.6) can proceed to DO292 without retaking this version.

• New chapter on CI/CD with Jenkins
  • Classroom architecture leverages a shared OpenShift 4.1 cluster
    • Now requires the internet to connect to cloud-based workstation.
    • Hardware requirements are now Level I instead of Level IV
  • Students now utilize Github and Quay.io to complete the course exercises and labs.
  • Deprecated Docker in favor of podman.
  • New section that provides a high-level overview of OpenShift 4.
  • Universal Base Image support
  • Updated instructions and exercises utilizing the new OpenShift 4 web console.
  • Reorganize sections to improve course flow and timing.
  • Fix course defects and improvements requested by instructors.
Labels (2)
4 Replies

Hi there,

I`m trying to provisioning lab for this course in rol.redhat.com but it fails with this error: 

<code>traceback: "Traceback (most recent call last):↵ File "./role/api.py", line 154, in dispatch↵ result = super(BaseAPIView, self).dispatch(*args, **kwargs)↵ File "/opt/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py", line 89, in dispatch↵ return handler(request, *args, **kwargs)↵ File "./role/rhviews.py", line 928, in post↵ res = LabAPI.post(req, _data=self.input_data, **kwargs)↵ File "./sapi/labs.py", line 260, in post↵ return cls._package_result(return_record)↵ File "./sapi/labs.py", line 202, in _package_result↵ return_record['vm_summary'] = app.vm_summary↵AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'vm_summary'↵" </code>

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
flozano

Hi Diego,

The fatest way to solve issues to solve issues with virtual labs is to contact the dedicated support team. Enter access.redhat.com log in with your account (no need to log in again if you are already logged in to rol.redhat.com) and click "Open a Support Case".

0 Kudos
josemdiaza
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Nice! There's still some bugs in the platform. e.g.: The progressive bar which tells you where you "are" within the content is not working anymore. It only worked the first session. It's a little bit annoying because everytime I start a session I've to start in the last recorded progress (14%) and now I'd be around 20%...Captura de pantalla 2019-10-01 a las 17.19.34.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-10-01 a las 17.18.20.png

0 Kudos

Lab: Deploying Multi-Container Applications not woking.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.