Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riemann
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

do188: cannot start lab

Hello,

Somehow my lab environment was gone. I clicked CREATE to create a new one. It finished. So I clicked OPEN CONSOLE next to Workstation. In a terminal I typed

$ lab start basics-accessing

It does not start.

It succeded, so the problem is gone (I could not answer my question, so I put it here).

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Wasim_Raja

@riemann 

Thanks for the confirmation, the cluster usually takes around 15-20 mins to be completely up. You can monitor the cluster status by using the below commands.

From workstation run "ssh lab@utility"

Once you are logged in into utility then run "./wait.sh"

The above will give the current status of the cluster getting ready, once it is ready the scripts will work fine.

Regards,

Wasim

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @riemann !

Thanks for reaching out! 

What you witnessed is because of the fact that your cluster components were not ready to accept any requests - hence the lab start script failed. 

You should wait for approx 20 minutes after you start your lab and donot run any lab script in between. 

As Wasim mentioned - you can check the status of your cluster readiness by ssh'ing to utility server as "lab" user and then run ./wai.sh script - it will show the status of its components. Wait for the script to finish - once everything is ready then you can run the lab scripts.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.