Error Pulling Container

Jump to solution

I am currently undertaking version 4.14 of the DO188 - Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman. In https://rol.redhat.com/rol/app/courses/do188-4.14/pages/ch02s03 (chapter 2, section 3) I am trying to follow the Container Networking Basics interactive, however, upon executing the second command:

podman run -d --name my-container \--net example-net container-image:latest

or alternatively:

podman run -d --name my-container \
--net example-net container-image:latest

and also:

podman run -d --name my-container --net example-net container-image:latest

It first gives me an option to select the following:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 111752.pngHowever, choosing either one of them gives me the following errors:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 112144.pngHence, I am unable to proceed with similar interactives in the course as I face the same errors.

In terms of self-troubleshooting here is the following that I have tried:

1. I have tried to login using the following commands using my username and password:
    podman login registry.redhat.io
    podman login reigstry.access.redhat.com

## With user name jlumagbas, which succeeds
    Whilst I am successful in logging in, it does not seem to solve any of the issues I face.
  2. Restarting the laboratory environment: I have tried this multiple times and have even destroyed and re-created the environment several times but no luck.

I hope there is a fix out there that can help me as I would like to proceed with the course.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@jlumagbas24 -

You aren't doing a guided exercise. You are looking at the lecture content. You can't always type what is in a lecture. In this instance 

container-image:latest

Isn't a real container image which is why you can't pull it down from the registry. You must be logged into a container registry and you must also use a real container image with a real tag.

You can only perform Guided Exercises and End of Chapter labs in our Red Hat Training courses and not all of the lecture items have commands you can directly copy/paste. They are representations and in this instance "Container Name" is meant to be the name of a container. 

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Travis

@jlumagbas24 -

You aren't doing a guided exercise. You are looking at the lecture content. You can't always type what is in a lecture. In this instance 

container-image:latest

Isn't a real container image which is why you can't pull it down from the registry. You must be logged into a container registry and you must also use a real container image with a real tag.

You can only perform Guided Exercises and End of Chapter labs in our Red Hat Training courses and not all of the lecture items have commands you can directly copy/paste. They are representations and in this instance "Container Name" is meant to be the name of a container. 

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.