Emanuel_Haine
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Reclaim lab hours

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

Is there a way to reclaim some lab hours? I am asking that because tha environment take several minutes to start and sometimes it is necessary to recreate the labs or start/stop it. And, even if we didn't used it for the exercises or studying, the hours are computed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emanuel_Haine AFAIK, unless it is an outage from RH side or unusual lab hours spike - generally you wont be compensated for lab hours.

I did not really understand what do you mean by this : "even if we didn't used it for the exercises or studying, the hours are computed."       If the lab is not stopped and the auto stop timer is set to further time - it will be counted since the lab is up and running.

For OCP courses, cluster sync definitely takes time and it is part of lab hours.

For help / response regarding this, you may raise a support case. They are the official support team to help on such matters.

Hope this information helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emanuel_Haine AFAIK, unless it is an outage from RH side or unusual lab hours spike - generally you wont be compensated for lab hours.

I did not really understand what do you mean by this : "even if we didn't used it for the exercises or studying, the hours are computed."       If the lab is not stopped and the auto stop timer is set to further time - it will be counted since the lab is up and running.

For OCP courses, cluster sync definitely takes time and it is part of lab hours.

For help / response regarding this, you may raise a support case. They are the official support team to help on such matters.

Hope this information helps!

Emanuel_Haine
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thanks, @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

And, even if we didn't used it for the exercises or studying, the hours are computed.

By that, I tried to point out that the time it takes to start the labs + plus the errors we face and need to restart or recreate, the hours are counted and sometimes we don't even use the lab.

Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emanuel_Haine  for a particular situation you can raise a support case and the team will help you accordingly.

Emanuel_Haine
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thanks, @Chetan_Tiwary_ . I'll try this.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.