v4.14 Certficate error during Guided Exercise 2.6: Backup and Restore with OADP

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I'm trying to configure a Velero DB backup during Guided Exercise 2.6:Backup and Restore with OADP, I'm getting a certificate error even though the certificate seems to be correct. Is anyone else getting the same error? Up to this point the training doesn't include any configuration related to s3 certificates, and I'm wondering if I really did any mistakes. I have tried copy-pasting the yaml file from the student book in case I did some typo, but got the same error.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

[student@workstation backup-restore]$ oc apply -f backup-db-manual.yml
backup.velero.io/db-manual created

[student@workstation backup-restore]$ velero get backup db-manual
NAME STATUS ERRORS WARNINGS CREATED EXPIRES STORAGE LOCATION SELECTOR
db-manual Failed 0 0 2024-07-16 15:01:48 +0000 UTC 29d oadp-backup-1 <none>

[student@workstation backup-restore]$ velero backup logs db-manual
An error occurred: Get "https://s3.openshift-storage.svc/backup-d3739195-5002-4f97-a84b-a006eb53a8c8/oadp/backups/db-manual/...": tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
command terminated with exit code 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can ignore this error. Today it's working as intended. The restart of the lab environment may have fixed it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can ignore this error. Today it's working as intended. The restart of the lab environment may have fixed it.

Chetan_Tiwary_

@halukornek Glad that your issue was resolved on lab restart. Please let us know in case you face this issue again or raise a support case. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.