Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am studying the DO467, i am here in this lab:
https://role.rhu.redhat.com/rol-rhu/app/courses/do467-2.2/pages/ch01s06

When i start the lab with: 

lab start install-configuration

I am getting this error:

MonicaReyes_0-1712628225810.png

I cant delete that namespace because it has many collections associated. What i can do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@MonicaReyes -

Most likely something happened with the installation lab that you had done previously. This lab start is supposed to fix things, but it can't "fix" everything, so it has an error there. In order to move forward, the easiest suggestion for you would be to delete the entire environment and start with this lab. 

The DO467 is organized where Controller, Hub, and other things are already working and installed. The INSTALL lab removes everything and allows you to reinstall as if it were never there. This is good because it allows all our other lab scripts to be smaller to start and easier. However, there is a chance the installation could be a little broken (which is what I suspect is the case here) in which it can cause issues on every other lab.

You're getting a bad request for some reason meaning the script can't communicate properly with the API. I'm sure some things can be done to solve and troubleshoot your exact issue, but I would strongly advise deleting the lab environment and then doing a create. That should get you going within about 10 minutes.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Travis

@MonicaReyes -

Most likely something happened with the installation lab that you had done previously. This lab start is supposed to fix things, but it can't "fix" everything, so it has an error there. In order to move forward, the easiest suggestion for you would be to delete the entire environment and start with this lab. 

The DO467 is organized where Controller, Hub, and other things are already working and installed. The INSTALL lab removes everything and allows you to reinstall as if it were never there. This is good because it allows all our other lab scripts to be smaller to start and easier. However, there is a chance the installation could be a little broken (which is what I suspect is the case here) in which it can cause issues on every other lab.

You're getting a bad request for some reason meaning the script can't communicate properly with the API. I'm sure some things can be done to solve and troubleshoot your exact issue, but I would strongly advise deleting the lab environment and then doing a create. That should get you going within about 10 minutes.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.