cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomar
Cadet
Cadet

Training on JBPM Business Suite

I am looking for some training videos on JBPM Suite v6, in order to prepare for the certification program. 

Can anybody provide me a lead on that?

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
oldbenko

Hey, @Tomar,

What you want is JB427.

If you want online training, it's available in RHLS, or as an a-la-carte course, in two modalities - as a self-paced course, or as a video classroom (VC).

(Side note - if you take the VC, you'll be seeing my face quite a bit. :))

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
0 Kudos
Tomar
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Grega, 

Thanks for the quick reply.  A follow up query. 

How much is the cost of the self paced course ?

Thanks

Regards

Vivek

0 Kudos
oldbenko

Hey, Vivek,

The price will depend on your country, so it's best if you have a look at the JB427 web page and select your country from the drop down menu on the right.

Cheers,
Grega

0 Kudos
Marek_C
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

It is noteworthy to point out that BPMS has been renamed in its new version to Process Automation Manager (PAM), which is now in version 7.1. I'm saying that because Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.x will be ending Maintenance Support in Dec 2019 (see here). I wouldn't necessarily recommend to start with BPMS 6.x at this point. I have seen some 7.x courses, though I don't think RH has created the exams and certifications just yet.

0 Kudos
oldbenko

Indeed, JB427 is the course based on the 6.x generation of the product.

The essentials didn't really change that much from 6 to 7 though - have a look at the BPMS to RHPAM Migration Guide, specifically at chapter 5 which is on migrating Java projects. Everything else in that guide is about migrating existing Business Central projects to a new installation of PAM.

The way you model processes in BPMN2 did not change a bit (as BPMN2 is a standard), what we did get is some new choices in the modeling arena with support for DMN and PMML models (but no open-source tooling yet).

You are also correct in pointing out there are two new courses, but those join both DM (Decision Manager) and PAM (Process Automation Manager) into one course.

Their respective names are JB371: RHDM and RHPAM for Business Users and JB373: RHDM and RHPAM for Developers.

There is currently no directly related certification and I do not know of any plans to have one - however, EX427 and EX465 are still the authoritative exams on BPM and business rule authoring, respectively.

Whether the existing exams will be updated to 7.x or new exams are released is absolutely not my guess to make, but I assure you something will happen soon.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.