grundblom
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Advice to optimize the remote test taking experience in regards to accessibility.

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask the community for advice to optimize the remote test taking experience in regards to accessibility.

I took the EX294 test on a Dell Precision 3571 laptop, and I had a hard time reading the red error text on the black terminal background. Also my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 so it does not have much screen real estate for the terminal and the question text. The text was not only small, but rather fuzzy, like I was using a 256-bit color mode.

Thank you in Advance,

-Glen

- Glen
P.S. I love mono spaced fonts
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PetrCihlar

This is a good question, I can confirm the full HD resolution 1920x1080 is the recommended one so candidates have the same conditions. You can perhaps connect a bigger external monitor and run the exam with the lid closed, using an external monitor, keyboard and a mouse. I would check the display settings, change the frequency of the display mode keeping the resolution and explore the possibilities in the Accessibility tab of the settings. Regarding the terminal, there are shortcuts to increase the fonts , ctrl +

Petr Cihlar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PetrCihlar

This is a good question, I can confirm the full HD resolution 1920x1080 is the recommended one so candidates have the same conditions. You can perhaps connect a bigger external monitor and run the exam with the lid closed, using an external monitor, keyboard and a mouse. I would check the display settings, change the frequency of the display mode keeping the resolution and explore the possibilities in the Accessibility tab of the settings. Regarding the terminal, there are shortcuts to increase the fonts , ctrl +

Petr Cihlar
PetrCihlar

I forgot to add, the color of the terminal background and text may be changed.
Try experimenting with the numbers
$ tput setaf 1
$ tput setab 2

Petr Cihlar
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.