o1e
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
  • 56.4K Views

Cannot Boot Remote Exam Live ISO USB for Remote Exam, Boot hanging at 100%

Jump to solution

Hello all,

i’m having some issues with the boot of the Remote Exam Live ISO.

During the preparation for the Remote Exam for ROL Course DO288, i tried to boot my Laptop using the Remote Exam Live ISO. I'm following the docs available here: https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/remote-exams-preparation-ebook.

Downloaded https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot.iso and written it to USB Stick by using the dd utility.

The boot process is starting until the screen "environment is loading into memory" appears, it counts up to 100% and then nothing more is happening. 

I tried different USB-Stick, always the same result.

For tests, i also used the rhrexboot-2020-08.iso Image, which i found as reference in an redhat Issue description, this one is working for me. Boot is without error, and the hardware compatibility checks are successful.

I plan to do the exam soon, thanks to advice how to proceed. I only have one Laptop available for the training/exam, it's a Lenovo Thinkpad P50.

Greetings

Oliver

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
101 Replies
enthuguy
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

I have downloaded new ISO, wrote to USB using fedora all went fine up to this stage. But my Windows 11 surface is not able to boot from this USB. I tried in two surface laptop but running windows 11 but one with USBA and another one with USB-C both same behaviour please help 

I have exam Saturday early morning 4am

btw, where can I download rhrexboot-2020-08.iso is it worth trying above link is not working getting access denied. probably archived it?

thanks in advance

PetrCihlar

Hi,
There are issues with computer-tablet combos, like Microsoft Surface is. it is not likely the older ISO would be of any help, as it supports even smaller group of computers. I think the link to the odl ISO was depricated, but it can be provided to you individually by the support.
I woudl suggest you better get an ordinary mainstream office laptop for the exam.

Petr Cihlar
lwh
Cadet
Cadet

I am unable to boot from the latest iso. Does anyone have the same issue ,or have the 2020 version ?

I have tried using Rufus, fedora writer on windows , then dd on Linux , everything still the same 

PetrCihlar

Unable to boot? What issue are you experiencing exactly? 

Petr Cihlar
lwh
Cadet
Cadet

solved by the remote support already. thanks

shashi01

@lwh 

Great to hear that your issue was resolved by remote support!

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @lwh !

Good to know that you were able to get the support from exam support team. 

In case you face any issues again - please reach out directly to them. 

All the best for your exam. Do let us know how was your experience regarding the exam  and what exam was it ?

0 Kudos
Wasim_Raja

@lwh Glad to hear that

0 Kudos
Nafeela
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

I am unable to boot the latest ISO image. The old ISO image worked for me when I attended exam on Nov 22 2023. but yesterday I got error as old image is not comptabile and I need to use the latest. I tired with latest and is not working. Attached error for your reference.

I tried on another windows latptop with the new iso and it is just black screen after 100%. 

Let me know if there is any fix for this, Else can u allow the old ISO so I can proceed with the exam?Initial page which shows 100% and then OOMInitial page which shows 100% and then OOMAfter few seconds got this errorAfter few seconds got this error

shashi01

Hello @Nafeela 

Thank you for getting in touch.

I recommend contacting the examination team for further assistance by filling out the form at the following link: https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/comments/

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.