Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

EX294

Hi everyone,

I passed today RHCE exam today.

Special thanks to @jadolyo @Travis , You really helped me alot.

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Heartily congrats @khokha !

What's the next target ?

0 Kudos
khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

My next goal is EX280.

Chetan_Tiwary_

Great to hear that @khokha ! Let us know in case you need anything. All the best !

khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

0 Kudos
Travis

@khokha -

For the EX280 exam, I strongly suggest looking at the DO180 and DO280 courses as the EX280 exam builds on all the skills. This is very much like RHCSA where the RH124 and RH134 contents are covered as part of the EX200 RHCSA exam.

This is something very important to keep in mind now that we no longer have a stand-alone certification for EX180. Currently, Red Hat is doing a promotion for the PE180 (Preliminary Exam) for the DO180 course and we are giving the exams away for free. This will test the first portion of your OpenShift knowledge similar to the PE124 exam that went with the RH124 course.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @Travis 

Thanks for the advice, i'm studying DO180 and then will go for DO280.

Many here who took EX280 exam suggested looking at certain topics in DO180 as you mentioned. I found that all exam objectives of PE180 are included in the EX280.

Thanks again for your much appreciated help.

0 Kudos
Travis

You're welcome and yes, that is the intention of the PE180. For our entry courses, we have a "preliminary" exam which introduces people to how Red Hat Certification conducts tests and these are available for the RH124 (PE124) to check for the preliminary RHCSA foundations and fundamentals.

I brought up the PE180 exam as this is a newer exam meant to only test your skills and knowledge on the EX280 exam objectives that you should have learned in the DO180 course. I also brought it up as people often ask for practice exams, so this is the closest thing right now in the promotion as it gives you the exam experience and what it would be like and currently during the launch and promotional period it is "free".

Since you've already taken and passed the EX294 and are RHCE, it won't matter as much. Moving forward, we are attempting to make exams more accessible and especially for the OpenShift track, not really requiring someone to be a RHCSA/RHCE. So it is very possible the initial first exam with our new path forward for someone might be the EX280.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
jadolyo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@khokha 

Congratulations, Happy to hear that, Actually I didn't do anything, You made it, You deserve it.

khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you @jadolyo , no you really helped me, and good luck with yours too.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.