cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilYang
Cadet
Cadet

Failed RHCSA twice: it seems configuration not saved

I have been practicing redhat Linux in my virtual machine quite a lot and I am quite confident.

I felt really really bad to fail the exam twice.

It seems my node2 work was never saved in the previous exam and in this exam. 
Actually I have booted the node 2 twice and I definitely saw the storage related configuration was there. But I lost all the scores for this area. Last time, I got the reply that " one of your system did not reboot to a usable state and could not be graded"

I do not know what happened. It must be a very small, but extremely critical point I have missed. This never happen in my local virtual machine environment.

Can anybody help and give your hint?

Many thanks!

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ricardodacosta

Re: Failed RHCSA twice: it seems configuration not saved

Perhaps node2 was dependent on something provided by another node. And when all nodes are rebooted before grading, something didn't start on the node which provided a dependency.

It could also well be that node2 booted, and the other node(s) did not.

Before starting an exam for a certification candidate, the solution is rolled out in an automated fashion to ensure that all the resources are deployed in order for the exam candidate can be successful. The exam is rebooted, then graded and unless the automation scores 100%, the exam isn't provided to the certification candidate. Of course, the solutions are removed before being presented as a clean exam.

Given that your exam was rolled out, the automated solutions were successful. 

This issue seems self inflicted but hopefully I could give you some ideas above.

NeilYang
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for the feedback.

Look into the RHCSA questions, I do not think there is a dependency between the work of the 2 nodes. I rebooted node 1 twice before working on node2. And I also rebooted node2 twice. I have checked the configuration after each reboot, everything I configured was still there. 

It is a very frustrated experience to fail the very simple RHCSA twice. And I do now know why  one of my system did not reboot to a usable state and could not be graded. It should be a very small thing, but very critical for grading.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

I had a quick look at that exam and you're right, there does not seem to be a dependency between the 2 nodes. 

However, I can see potential in a few items where your system won't boot due to incorrect configuration. 

If you opened a ticket, and you got a reply, then someone looked at the results and found nothing untoward. 

I must add, that this exam is extremely popular and the team would quickly find, and resolve, any issues.

I'm sorry that you didn't pass, I hope that you have success soon!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.