Same issue I ran into today. Even after login I were able to search for it but it would not pull does not matter what I try. Trying to troubleshoot costed me more than 40 minutes. Let us see what happens to my scores. I had to hurry for the rest of the questions.
How do we get feedback to certification team?
In rhcsa a question has been asked to use logger command to log some message , which should be stored in both rsyslog container and host persistent storage. can you show how to do that.
I have tried the following sequence of commands without success.
1) podman login registry.redhat.io
2) podman search rsyslog
3) podman run -d --name mylog -v /var/log:/var/log registry.redhat.io/rhel8/rsyslog
4) podman exec -it mylog /bin/bash
5) From inside container ls /var/log/messages shows it exists
6) From inside container logger "This should be simple."
Runs ok but nothing in hosts /var/log/messages in running container or in host
You must either login via ssh or directly to the terminal, problem is caused by using "su" at the beginning, here's the explanation
Good luck on the exam!