cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnishiok
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

[PE110] Non-ISO Remote Exam System Introduced?

Jump to solution

Hi RH folks,

I took two different exams this week, EX288V410 and PE110KV16. Surprisingly PE110 did not rely on the Exam ISO but it allowed me to launch the exam system using my own OS and Browser. Overall its User Experience was better than the ISO one. 

Now questions to RH folks are, is that new remote exam system going to be deployed to other exams as well? Or is it only for the preliminary exams?

BTW EX288V10 was stll based on the traditional ISO system.

Regards,
Toshi

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PetrCihlar

Hi, it only applies and will apply to the Preliminary exams. Not to the EX (certifications exams). Another difference is the PE exam does not require an external camera. The internal one is fine. 

Petr Cihlar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PetrCihlar

Hi, it only applies and will apply to the Preliminary exams. Not to the EX (certifications exams). Another difference is the PE exam does not require an external camera. The internal one is fine. 

Petr Cihlar
tnishiok
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Petr,

Thank you for the clarification. I understand that the EXs deliberately apply the exam ISO to strictly prevent fraud during the exam. Let me close this thread marking your comment as a solution.

Just for colleagues who might be interested in the PE, let me note down some take aways of my experience of PE110 exam system. Of course I don't reveal the contents of questions.

• Carefully read the PE exam registration e-mail from Red Hat even if you have taken EXs in the past.

• E-mail gives you the instruction to launch the remote exam system on your own OS.

• Honestly I did not read the registration e-mail of PE110. Because I successfully took the EX288 exam in the same week then I assumed the exam system is identical.
  • The exam ISO (at least old v20220719) does not work for PE110.

• I initially tried to access PE110 using the exam ISO as usual. But a browser incompatible error popped up when I accessed the exam although the compatibility check program of the ISO passed successfully. I realized that I had to use my own OS for PE110 after chatting with a proctor, and that was at a last minute before the exam start time.
  • 'ESC' key is forbidden during PE110

• You are not allowed to type the 'ESC' key during the PE110 since it lets the browser exit from the full screen mode. That can be a problem for vim users to switch the mode. You should be familiar with using alternative key such as Ctrl+[ or editing .vimcrc to change the key binding. Otherwise you may want to use non-vi editor like nano.

Regards,
Toshi

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.