Armanator
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Paid extended support?

Jump to solution

Hi.

I'm wondering if it's possible to pay for extended support for the following operating systems?

Centos 7 and 8.

Centos Stream 8.

RHEL 7.9.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Red Hat does not offer any support for CentOS Linux or CentOS Stream.  Though I saw some announcements that other companies were.  I didn't read enough to establish what level of 'support' they were offering was.

Red Hat offers Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) add-on subscriptions for RHEL 7.9

One could convert2rhel CentOS Linux 7, then add on ELS subs.  Or you could convert2rhel your CentOS Linux 8 systems, then they'd be RHEL8 which is still in it's standard lifecycle.  Red Hat doesn't offer conversions from CentOS Stream 8, but maybe that will happen.  I know the team that manages convert2rhel has had some successful conversions now that CentOS Stream 8 is no longer running ahead of RHEL8.  But it's still not a 'supported' conversion so if it breaks, you would get to keep all the pieces.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Scott
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Red Hat does not offer any support for CentOS Linux or CentOS Stream.  Though I saw some announcements that other companies were.  I didn't read enough to establish what level of 'support' they were offering was.

Red Hat offers Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) add-on subscriptions for RHEL 7.9

One could convert2rhel CentOS Linux 7, then add on ELS subs.  Or you could convert2rhel your CentOS Linux 8 systems, then they'd be RHEL8 which is still in it's standard lifecycle.  Red Hat doesn't offer conversions from CentOS Stream 8, but maybe that will happen.  I know the team that manages convert2rhel has had some successful conversions now that CentOS Stream 8 is no longer running ahead of RHEL8.  But it's still not a 'supported' conversion so if it breaks, you would get to keep all the pieces.

Armanator
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you, appreciated.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.