cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
shefeeqyr

@PiotrS I responded to the earlier thread

Please be sure to disconnect any other headphone/mic and keep only your webcam (with integrated mic) while booting to the RE image, adjusting the sound settings and running the compatibility test. 

Best Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Shefeeq

I'll perform these test again later today with only one webcam with mic installed. But the question is how can I change sensitivity levels if there's no such thing like control panel for mic?

I have another question: why it's forbidden to use more than one screen attached to the computer? Working on multiple monitors is VERY convenient for example you can have docs on one screen, and terminals on the other one.

I suppose that's a technical limitation for monitoring of candidate's PC but maybe you can consider allowing additional screen in future?

In my case I have to cover with some cloth my additional monitors (they are installed on VESA mount) and disconnect them from my PC.

0 Kudos
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Test was successful with only one device attached - camera with built-in mic.

Could you please modify the Exam ISO and add the possibility to safely reboot computer without pressing reset or power button? I know that this should not have effect on exam environment but it would be nice to have such option.

harjitsachar
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

I have bought and returned 2 affordable webcams , since the integrated microphone's with these always fail the RE Image's test. Since then I have ordered an affordable USB microphone to select as the Sound Input source, will this not be allowed. Decent webcams are being sold, when and if they become availble at exorbitant prices.

Regards,

Harjit Sachar

JS_Learning

Hi @harjitsachar ,

Sorry to hear that you went to so much troubles with your hardware. 

The webcam prices situation appears to be worldwide, it's the same around where I live, webcam prices were increased by more than 50% since the pandemic situation occured (on the model I checked).

I think we all have to be creative, is it possible, for example, that you borrow a webcam for someone? If you only need it during the exam, it seems a wiser choice.

In any case, many users have tried various webcam models, everyone is welcomed to share that information openly. Why not posting that on a dedicated topic in learn.redhat.com?

Also, if the integrated microphone test fails, I would suggest you share your feedback first on this forum, to give a chance for someone else to help you. Maybe there is a solution other than returning the hardware. Maybe it was simply the case of a configuration change.

Cheers,

.... to be creative ... why not to use a phone as an external webcam?

For example with a free app like DroidCam my phone is transformed in an excellent webcam.

Bye, Angelo

0 Kudos
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

The problem is that you need additional software installed on PC to use phone as webcam. And I suspect that exam ISO has no such software.

JS_Learning

@PiotrS 

That is correct, it would be required software -and drivers-.

Anyway, the presence of the smartphone itself is not allowed. And yes, the exam ISO (or Remote Exam Live environment) most likely don't have that, on purpose.

I hope that clarifies,

JS_Learning

Hi @AngeloRimoldi ,

We would have to be creative, respecting the rules and requirements...

https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/certification-remote-exams-FAQ 

Use of or access to the following items or any similar items within your workspace during the exam is prohibited: 

• Smart or connected devices including phones, tablets, and similar electronics. ...

That means that using a phone as an external webcam is not allowed.

Cheers,

harjitsachar
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

Thanks for your revert. Would it be possible to get clarity, whether we can use a separate USB microphone, as this seems to be a major stumbling block for most cheap Webcams.

Regards,

Harjit Sachar

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.