cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 211K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
krati
Cadet
Cadet

for RHCSA Remote exam : I have only two usb ports in my laptop but there is three needed, one for pendrive ,one for wired mouse and one for webcam so multiple usb hub is allowed or not..

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @krati ,

A USB hub is allowed for the remote exam.

Here is the quote from the Getting Ready document under system requirements.

USB Hub​ : ​One wired USB hub is allowed if a hub is needed to accommodate
permitted peripheral devices.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Megatron
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

The last time I had the exam I had a bad experience with the font size in the RHCSA exam, and I tried to zoom in multiple different ways, nothing happened. How can I relay this message to the people who are responsible for the exam. 

0 Kudos
shefeeqyr

Hello @Megatron,

Please raise a ticket at https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments/

Try to be as descriptive as possible in terms of the issue you faced, what steps were taken to mitigate this and the details of your exam such as date, your redhat.com id etc. This will help in capturing your feedback.

Best Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos
Megatron
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks Shefeeq.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I have a quastion, currently my laptop has 2 usb ports, i have wired mouse and wired keyboard wierd external camera and i need to plugin a bootable_usb_flash_drive.

I can i use a dock_station? So i can plugin there my: External monitor,mouse,keyboard,external_camera and usb_flash_drive..
Dock_station will take a role like a charger for my laptop, and yes laptop will be with closed lid.

Please let me know if this scenario works. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi @180-047-912 , 

That should work, if I understood your setup correctly. Have you tried the compatibility mode, to see if the hardware is properly supported?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
stripura
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Team,

Could we use a dock as an usb hub to connect the devices (external webcam, wired mouse, usb drive) and to connect the network (using CAT6 cable - the port on my laptop is busted and not working) even though I am not using external monitor during exam ? I would be taking exam from laptop itself

Thank you.

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos
shefeeqyr

Hello @stripura,

You can use a docking station as long as only the essential accessories are connected to it. In your case, they would be: wired webcam, USB drive, ethernet cable and a wired mouse.

Best Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos
Michael1
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, 

I schduled my exam for next week, 

Do I need speakers for the exam, or is it enough to have only a camera and microphone? And in case speakers are required, can I use an external USB sound card since my speakers won't plug directly into the computer?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.