cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
davman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi, I have the same problem I've an scheduled exam ex280v42K and I want to change to ex280v45k but I dont see any option to it, can someone tell us something abuout it please?

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Ilyxa@davman ,

There are a few variables involved in converting an existing exam order to a different exam/version and it depends on your account type (RHLS/non-RHLS) and how the existing exam was purchased.
Please contact the regional sales/training team about this and they should be able to look up your account and answer your questions.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

For some odd reason, redhat exam prices are not the same for every location. My understanding is that the process to buy the exam is to purchase an individual exam, and then schedule a remote exam. Does this mean that I can buy it from any country I want to, and then do it from my home?

Also, to download the ISO, do I need to have purchased the exam already?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @danielborgmt ,

IIRC, you can buy from the country of residence and at the time of appearing for the exam, you will be expected to display a government approved ID card of that country.

If there are special circumstances due to which you are unable to make a purchase directly, this could be due to how exams are sold in each country. Kindly contact support for your respective country/region at https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training-and-certification/contact-us#tab.contact-method.1

Also, to download the ISO, do I need to have purchased the exam already?

There is no need to purchase the exam to download the iso and run the compatibility tests. The link to download the ISO and instructions to create a bootable USB are available in the 'Getting Ready for your remote exam' doc.

Best Regards,

I could not find the list of supported USB camares for the exam.
Once there was a text that you "do not want to promote one producer" - which is ok - but there should be a list of various compatible devices.

The system for exam (Fedora) is treated by hardware produers as exotic and never listed in supported operating systems. So we - the users - kindly ask you to provide a list of supported devices. (or at least maintain list of devices reported by users). This is important.

Please let us know that - for example- USB Cameras which are UVC compliant are generally more likely to work with Linux.

I can share my experience with specific model - I purchased USB camera "Logitech C922 PRO" (price ca 100US$) and it passed the compatibility tests for camera/video quality/microphone (I did not take any exam so far, just did compatibility tests from downloaded iso image).
I use it together with "MacBook Pro, Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015".  The built-in camera/microphone in MacBook is NOT recognized - so you must have external camera WITH microphone.

In short: USB Camera "Logitech C922 PRO" works for me.

@Deanna  - I kindly ask you to create a list of supported cameras and put a link it in "Getting Ready for your Red Hat Remote Exam....pdf"

Thank you

Best Regards
Chris

vishals

Hi @wizardismyname2 ,

There is an unofficial list where candidates have shared their experiences - https://learn.redhat.com/t5/General/RedHat-Remote-Exam-supported-hardware-cameras-mice-keyboards/m-p...

Regardless, I have passed on your feedback to the team about creating a more robust list.

Best Regards,

Linuxas08
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

I've executed compatiility check with an error result:

Microphone volume is too low

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Att,

JOSE IGNACIO RODRIGUEZ LOPEZ

ChrisPf
Cadet
Cadet

In my case - the built-in Microphone in my MacBook was not recognized at all.  I got the USB Camera with microphone - (Logitech C922 Pro,  but others should also work). - and USB camera's microphone passed the tests. 

vishals

Hi @Linuxas08 ,

Please try to rerun the compatibility test after increasing the mic volume. You can do this in the setting menu right after booting to the remote exam image.

Boot to the RE image, go to settings -> sound -> select the input device - Choose the correct mic input
After selecting the mic, increase the volume all the way up again and then switch to any other option in settings (like Network) and then come back to Sound. Then try to make some noise and see if the microphone level indicator is moving accordingly. If there are multiple options in the input source, please do this for one mic name after the other, follow the above steps and run the compatibility test. See if one of them passes the test.
Please reach out to the support team if you still have issues.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Ryzen2020
Cadet
Cadet

Low mic level issues.

My exam is in a few days and I'm concerned about the low mic level issues. I have tested 2 generic 1080HD cams, the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 and the Dell Latitud 5400 laptop's builtin cam (4 cams total). Only the laptop's builtin mics pass the test effortless. The Logitech passes only if I keep talking or typing in my loud wired keyboard, if I make no noise the test fails. The generic cams only pass the test if I blow air to them, basically generating some mic noise. - I can't use the laptop's mic because the lid must be closed. Is the mic test supposed to pass only when there some normal sound to pick up, such as talking or typing?? - The test should indicate exactly what to do, talk, type or make absolutely no noise. - Can anyone please clarify?

I already tried other tips in previous messages and made no difference. - Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.