cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 211K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
vishals

Hi @Ryzen2020 ,

I have had the same results as you and always needed some background noise for the mic test to pass. I believe the test is looking out for some sound but I will check with the team and get it clarified.
Meanwhile, If the mic test passes with talking/typing noises, it should be good enough for the exam.

Good luck with your exam!

0 Kudos
vinaybabu
Cadet
Cadet

In my laptop integrated web cam is detecting. Is that fine for me to write the exam. External web cam is not detecting

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @vinaybabu ,

An external web camera is a mandatory requirement for the remote exam. Please try using web cameras that can support Fedora 32 and the camera should be detected(the remote exam image is based out of Fedora32).

This thread where users share the setup may help - https://learn.redhat.com/t5/General/RedHat-Remote-Exam-supported-hardware-cameras-mice-keyboards/m-p...

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi All,  My apologies for posting this in the thread.

I took my EX280 remote exam for OpenShifyt 4.2 version on Oct 1st and cleared my exam and I had a discrepancy in the OpenShift Version which was printed on the certificate. I opened the case using the link "https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/certification/comments/" and till today I didn't get my corrected certificate. I'm following up every 10 days once and each time they are giving different reasons and the last reason was "Waiting for management approval to do backend update" which was 21st October. Now it's more than a month.

My request number - RHT1277573

Looking forward for some assistance.

Thank You

Sakthi

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Sakthiraam ,

I see that this request is with a separate team and they have responded to you today with an update on when this will be resolved. I request you to continue following up on that email from support so that they are directly notified. Apologies for the long wait, but it appears multiple users are affected with the same issue and I gather that there is work being done on this front so that all impacted certificates can be corrected.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @vishals , Thank you for taking time to check this internally. Yes, I did receive an update on this. I will continue to followup on the email.

Regards

Sakthi

0 Kudos
SomB
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, My hardware test has passed with my laptop with no additional external webcam. Do I still require to buy an external webcam for remote exam.?
0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @SomB ,

The current version of the compatibility test is not intelligent enough to differentiate between the inbuilt and external webcams. This means the test will pass with only the inbuilt camera.
However, as per the requirements, an external webcam is mandatory for remote exams. Hence you will need an external Webcam even if the integrated webcam of your laptop is functioning.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

The instructions are clear and easy to follow, a small addition in the below section may help windows users Booting to the Remote Exam Live USB image Note: Depending on your hardware, the keystroke to enter the boot menu may differ. The typical keys used for various hardware are, but not limited to ‘delete’, ‘enter’, F2, F4, F10 and F12. Look at the splash screen when the computer starts to know the key to enter startup or modify boot order

pl add this -> Open Windows Settings > Update & Security > Recovery Advanced Startup and click on Restart now. This feature lets you access Advanced Options such as: Boot Windows from a device or disk (such as a USB drive or DVD) Select the USB for boot option everything else was clear
vishals

Thank you for your feedback, @Shivagami_Gugan .
I'll pass this along to the team.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.