cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
Stegarescu
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi!
I have chated with one of support guy and he gave me the old ISO

https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso
I have tested it and apparently is working well, he also said that I can use it for the exam.

Good luck

Yuri_
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, yesteday i had the same problem as you report, but today I tried to boot with the SAME ISO I used yesterday and it works perfectly. Maybe is not an ISO problem, I think it can be a serevr problem from RedHat site.

0 Kudos
vishals

@Yuri_ @Stegarescu @antivirtel @Rishat @Srikanth55 

Hi

There seems to be an issue accessing the URL embedded in the newest remote exam image. We are aware and are working to get this sorted.

In the meantime, if your exam is sometime soon, please use the older image which points to a different URL and still works. You can download it here - https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso

Its sha256 checksum is eda73a25d7d9b5eb51273c1773ee08297d17fb4430200125f3432d2f31ab594f

I apologize for the delay in responding here.

Regards,

https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso

Great, thank you, it works for me. It has MBR. Had some failed boots as some LVM monitoring service couldn't be started, but it works (still just legacy mode, doesn't work in UEFI).

I had to configure the Mic in the first screen where it allows me to setup the keyboard/etc...

0 Kudos
vishals

Update:
The problems with the URL to which the new image was pointing has been fixed.
Please contact support if you still have problems.

Regards,

0 Kudos

I used new ISO for system checking. We are still facing issues with new ISO. OLD ISO image is working fine 

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Gnanaprakasam ,

I just tested the new image and don't find any problems. The issue you faced is probably an isolated case. Please contact support with as many details as you can if you still have trouble with the new image.

Regards,

0 Kudos
krati
Cadet
Cadet

hi, can someone let me know in how much time result for remote exam is declared..or send to candidate
0 Kudos

Hi!
for me last time it took ~30 minutes (on 22 December)

WoodyPoon
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

During the remote exam, can we go to toilet?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.