cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
Owais9
Cadet
Cadet

Hello everyone,

Please perform the following steps, if you are facing issues with the latest Remote Exam ISO.

1. Burn the ISO image using Rufus utility on your USB.
  2. Disable the secure boot option [if it's enabled] from the boot settings of your computer.

I performed the above menioned steps and now Exam ISO successfully works.

Note 1:Newer PCs/Laptops have secure boot enabled by default, which performs a cryptographic check on the consistency of the ISO. However, for the exam it needs to be disabled, otherwise you won't be able to proceed further.

Note 2: Rufus is much more stable and works great in creating a bootable ISO file. Use it instead of fedora media writer.

0 Kudos
harjitsachar
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Han anybody been able to run the exam ISO on a laptop with a RTX 1660 / 1650 / 2060 Nvidia graphics card ?

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @harjitsachar ,

Are you having problems booting into the USB with these graphic cards? If yes, can you please report them via a support ticket.
On the fedora forums, some users have complained about compatibility between newer Nvidia GPUs and Fedora and that may have passed over to the remote exam image.

Regards,

0 Kudos
NaomiLin
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Latest Image is broken I can confirm with this I download it from PDF link that provide from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3VMIAuPzg&ab_channel=RedHat

I got stuck at GRUB boot screen.

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @NaomiLin ,

Some users are reporting a GRUB prompt while booting with the new image. In most cases, as long as the USB is correctly prepared, exiting the prompt or tinkering with the bios/UEFI boot settings usually fixes it. (Please do not attempt to modify BIOS settings if you are unfamiliar with it. You can cause harm to your device).

If all tries fail, please use the older image - https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso

The devs are working on a newer image, which should solve these issues. without the need to modify bios settings.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Owais9
Cadet
Cadet

Please provide an ETA for fixing the corrupted Rhel exam ISO as it gets stuck at the grub boot prompt.?

0 Kudos
NaomiLin
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I already passing EX180 Kubernetes Exam  with old Exam Boot Image it working perfectly fine but connectivity is quite lag so you need to really prepare yourself because browser mouse keyboaard will be lagging please prepare and be fast exam didn't super ultimate hard like that but it comprehensive every chapter.

0 Kudos

Hello

SareunMITH
0 Kudos

Anyone know how to pass RHCSA? 

SareunMITH
0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @JAMES_SA5859 ,

The RH124 and RH134 should help you prepare for the RHCSA exam.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.