cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
seandrethegiant
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Practice.

Sent from my overpriced smartphone
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, any update about the RHEL exam ISO?

Is it possible to connect the laptop that I'm going to use for the exam with a powerline adapter?

Regards,

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Monsieur_Samedi ,

Although a standard ethernet cable is recommended, I don't see any problems using a powerline adapter as long as the bandwidth requirements and network tests pass.

Regards,

jkeen01
Cadet
Cadet

Just tried to boot off the USB and it errors with a Kernel panic - nnot syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @jkeen01 ,

I hope you were able to get this sorted. If you still have problems, please contact the support team.

Regards,

0 Kudos
YiZhang
Cadet
Cadet

Hello

Can I continue taking the remote exam even "A 720Kbps download connection to the remote system is required" failed?

I'm asking bc it works well yesterday, but it doesn't work now, I scheduled my exam tomorrow and I'm not sure whether it still works tomorrow?

If I cannot take the exam, how can I reschedule the exam?

Thanks

Yi

0 Kudos
charith1994
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Dear friend,

even though u achieve the minimum requirements you will not able to do the exam.Probably get a network error when you start the exam.If you not have good internet  connection it will probably be very hard to do the exam.So many lags and network break downs.It better to reschedule the exam do it in a exam center.I have experience all those unlucky moments above.For reschedule the exam go to the exam scheduler and cancel it.But u have to done it before 24hours before exam.if it is already late go to below link and contact redhat support and explain your situation.They will help u to reschedule it.

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @YiZhang ,

The home networks can vary widely in their available bandwidth depending on the time of day, so please make sure to run the compatibility test at the time of day your exam is scheduled to get the most accurate evaluation possible.

As your exam is tomorrow (and has most probably crossed the 24-hour mark for reschedules), please try running the tests multiple times, and if they still fail, it would be best to inform the support team and request a reschedule here - https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments

Regards,

0 Kudos

Does the RHCSA exam have the option of being done in Spanish or of translating the questions?

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @claudiodark ,

I just checked internally and the RHCSA exam is available in Spanish.
Once you access the exam, there is an option to change the exam tasks from the default English language to the available translations.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.