cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Wired connection is recommended if possible to avoid any situations.
But to be honest, if you have a good and stable wifi connection then you
can do it over WiFi. (I have done my 4th Remote Exam today morning and
never experienced any issue)

*Gineesh*
linkedin.com/in/gineesh
0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi,

The answer is in the pdf document to get your ready for the exam:

Remote-exams-preparation-ebook 

Can I use a wireless internet connection? Wifi is not advised. Wherever possible, use a wired internet connection for stability and compatibility. Wifi speeds can vary based on a variety of factors that may have an impact on your exam. The remote exam live USB may not detect all wireless network adapters. If the wifi adapter of your computer is not detected by the remote exam live USB image, then wired internet will be the only option.

(as @Gineesh said, if it works fast enough, if it's stable, etc... then it should be ok, only you will take the risk and responsability :) ).

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Rilindo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi y'all,

Has anybody had any problem taking the exam with PiHole on their network? I usually update my DHCP server to use the ISP DNS servers rather than my PiHole IP, but thinking about it, I wonder if that is even necessary, since it is likely that the Red Hat exam image will use its own dedicated DNS IPs rather than your local network IP.

- Rilindo

JS_Learning

Hi,

I used Pihole during remote exams, I don't think I have had any issues due to that.

Saying that, it probably depends on what filter/query are used within PiHole to block some DNS queries...and it depends how the Remote Exam image is communicating...

I think it's PiHole is not  reason for any concern in that context, based on my experiences with that and 5-10 different exams attempts.

cckir
Cadet
Cadet

Can I set the keyboard language? Can I take the exam with my own keyboard language?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi,

Yes you can. When the remote exam boots, it prompts the user for various configuration steps, including the keyboard locale. I removed the default US English keyboard layout, and instead, I used the French Swiss type, it worked properly.

Cheers,

cckir
Cadet
Cadet

Thanx for help me
0 Kudos
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

295/300 on today's EX294.

RedHat Team, few things to be fixed(?):

1. Even with 4K monitor working space is limited - is it possible to change it to use whole 4K for exam?

2. DO NOT use Forward/Back mouse buttons during exam. It was a little bit scary when I was moved to exam start page :) I completely forgot that exam is "a sandbox in the browser". There should be warning on Exam prep guide about it :)

3. ALT-TAB is not working due to config above and I really doubt it's fixable :(

4. Docs webpage is a little bit slow. Can it be improved?

--

Regards

Piotr

JS_Learning

Congratulations @PiotrS :)

If you want your comment/feedback to be listened, that would be best to use this form:

Comments Form 

That would reach the right team...

I know some shortcuts are restricted, some others are not. It's not easy for us, candidates, to "get familiar" with that specific environment, and it can be stressful. Especially as you press incorrect shortcuts as you did (which are correct shortcut in a normal Fedora environment).

As for the doc webpages, in my experience it depends on the exam, some pages are slow, some are not. Even once, some were not working for me (unfortunately proctor/support did not do anything with that during the exam). I reported that to the right teams internally...

Of course it's ok to post here too, so candidate can share and discuss- all I am saying is the right team might not read your valuable feedback, especially if it's "lost" among many other posts.

0 Kudos
Selvagk86
Cadet
Cadet

Can we extend the expire date of Redhat exam ?
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.