cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 214K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies

just read the instructions and totally confused. 21st century and you asking to boot from usb and have an external camera. what else do you need? a room 5x4 with 5 people and a dog?\

ridiculous requirements, never thought i will need to boot my laptop using your usb to proove my knowledge. can't you come up with better way conducting remote exams? shall i help?

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @VladiPanian ,

just read the instructions and totally confused. 

I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. Are you referring to the 'Getting Ready for remote exam' document? The instructions seem pretty straightforward to me, but do post your question here and either I or the community can try to help.

can't you come up with better way conducting remote exams? shall i help?

The certification team has chosen to deliver exams through a restricted OS after a lot of deliberation to protect the exam content. If you have suggestions, feel free to recommend them here.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ketan88
Cadet
Cadet

I want to schedule exam but but there is no any option for that.

Please help me Capture12.PNG

0 Kudos
Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Which portal are you referring to?
Try https://rhtapps.redhat.com/individualexamscheduler/#/Dashboard
and login with Red Hat account.

*Gineesh*
linkedin.com/in/gineesh
0 Kudos
vishals

If you have multiple accounts, ensure you are logging in to the same account where the exam was ordered.
It usually takes an hour after the exam is ordered/enrolled for it to appear in the scheduler portal. In case you still cannot see the exam, use the 'contact admin' option to raise a support ticket.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
ketan88
Cadet
Cadet

@Deanna wrote:

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L

Showing the error that expiredShowing the error that expired

0 Kudos
ketan88
Cadet
Cadet

showing the Exam was expaired so what to do now

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @ketan88 ,

Exam vouchers/eligibilities are usually valid for one year and need to be scheduled and taken before their expiration.
From the screenshot above, it looks like your exam voucher has already expired a couple of months ago. I can only ask you to contact the support team for assistance (I doubt an extension to the voucher will be provided but try your luck).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Dadaniao
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, I will be using my desktop with 1 cable-connected keyboard, 1 cable-connected mouse, and 1 cable-connected webcam.  Is it enough or I need a second webcam?

Thanks!

Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,
It is a requirement to keep the exam without any foul play.

You don't need a 2nd webcam. The requirement is to have an external camera
to enable the proctor to observe you and the workstation together. Since
many are using laptops now, it is mentioned as an external camera I believe
as an integrated webcam cannot be used for monitoring a bigger area.

*Gineesh*
linkedin.com/in/gineesh
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.