cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 211K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
AnithaRaaji

Hi,

The iso file prompts for password when you try to open it. You need not open the file. Try to insert the USB drive to your laptop and select boot option to proceed further. Likely, Error image is not authenticated" is related to secure boot compliance in your system.

The latest Remote Exam ISO is not secure boot compliant and may not work on systems that have the Secure Boot setting "enabled".You can try another system (if available) and see if it boots from the ISO.

HammadS
Cadet
Cadet

When I try to boot from the iso, my boot menu does not even give me an
option to boot from the iso. I can only boot from the hard drive. That is
because the iso on my USB never gets mounted because of that fricking
authentication issue.

--
Hammad Said,
Senior Consultant
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You should NOT put the ISO file on the USB. 

You need to use the ISO file as input to do a byte-by-byte write to the USB drive, for example using dd  (on Linux or MacOS) or Rufus (on Windows).

The ISO is not a file which you should put on the USB drive. The ISO file is the USB drive. ... so to speak.

0 Kudos
PetrCihlar

Why Rufus? Fedora Media Writer works on Linux, Mac and Windows

Petr Cihlar
jwp
Cadet
Cadet

I just tested the exam ISO and it fails to reach graphical.target ; I use this same machine for rawhide/mainline kernel development and testing and assume it's likely something to do with amdgpu in the remote cert environment being too old. Where do I raise a ticket - this forum seems to be the only link readily findable. It should be up front in the exam prep/environment check distribution mail.

AnithaRaaji

Hi,

Red Hat has to cope with a few security concerns and challenges to protect its intellectual property and exam consistency. Creating a system bootable on the entire ever-expanding group of hardware is a difficult task, especially meeting the above-mentioned security and other criteria. 

Where do I raise a ticket -The customer feedback form or link to raise service ticket is readily available from your exam confirmation email . 

To open a support ticket please follow the link below:

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments

If you have screenshots or attachments to share, please send an email instead to: certification-team@redhat.com

Getting issues on rhrextboot.iso RHRE v20220719.F46ea0c7.

I have an HP Pavilion - AMD - Nvidia

For some reason the system is not booting. Goes until 100% and stop.

Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Many people are reporting issues with the RHREXBOOT.ISO.

Some are reporting success in trying an older version of the ISO, like here -> https://learn.redhat.com/t5/General/Cannot-Boot-Remote-Exam-Live-ISO-USB-for-Remote-Exam-Boot/td-p/1...

Others simply run into the problem that their chosen hardware is not compatible with the OS and software on the ISO. You will then need to try another computer.

sam1974
Cadet
Cadet

My ex200 exam is scheduled next week, so I set up my computer. I used "FedoraMediaWriter-win32-latest" write "rhrexboot.iso" to my usb, but it doesn't work. but if I write "rhrexboot-2020-08.iso" to my usb, it works. so could I still use "rhrexboot-2020-08.iso" for the exam?

Keerthy

Hello @sam1974 

The old ISO "rhrexboot-2020-08.iso" will be discontinued soon, however, you could use it since your exam is scheduled for next week as we haven't heard any update so far.

NOTE : In this version of ISO , the USB stick must remain connected to the system

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.