cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StompGlix
Cadet
Cadet

RHCSA EX200V8K payment confusion & how do i attempt an exam?

Jump to solution

Just bought a RHCSA EX200V8K exam but payment portal asked me for my PAN number instead of Debit Card Details. No amount got deducted from my account. Confused?

• Also, How do i attempt an exam?
  • How many attempts can i make?
  • What is exam/session last date to attempt? 
  • What is the session?

Newbie here, please help?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JS_Learning

Hi,

Your best bet is to contact support... Link to support 

It's hard to answer especially that there are several offerings (exams after courses, individual exams, etc...), and subscriptions that could complicate things. 

When you purchase an individual exam, you are supposed to get a confirmation email saying it has been paid and there are instructions inside.

Then when it's ready (the email state 2-3 business day) you can schedule it using the Red Hat Scheduler tool.

That's usually for 1 exam attempt.

The "exam entitlement" (the thing you purchased that entitles you to attend 1 exam) has an expiration date, usually around 1 year after (let's say it's rather long).

No idea what you mean by "session" without knowing the context.

Based on the exam name "EX200V8K", that looks like it's "K" (for Kiosk or Koala), that tends to indicate that's the exam entitlement that will allow to you take the exam using a KIOSK or using the Remote Exams environment. So if the payment was made, you should get the rest by email after some processing time.

For me, after I purchase an exam online, I get an email titled "Red Hat Training: Payment confirmation for Order Number xxxxx" , then automatically a second one explaining everything.
Note: there's usually a delay between the time you pay online, and receive the first email. Sometimes hours, sometimes days.

Then it should have instructions how to schedule that individual exam, and how to prepare the Remote Environment (if you have selected that method of taking the exam).

Hope that helps a bit, do check if the support for proper help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StompGlix
Cadet
Cadet

Please help

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi,

Your best bet is to contact support... Link to support 

It's hard to answer especially that there are several offerings (exams after courses, individual exams, etc...), and subscriptions that could complicate things. 

When you purchase an individual exam, you are supposed to get a confirmation email saying it has been paid and there are instructions inside.

Then when it's ready (the email state 2-3 business day) you can schedule it using the Red Hat Scheduler tool.

That's usually for 1 exam attempt.

The "exam entitlement" (the thing you purchased that entitles you to attend 1 exam) has an expiration date, usually around 1 year after (let's say it's rather long).

No idea what you mean by "session" without knowing the context.

Based on the exam name "EX200V8K", that looks like it's "K" (for Kiosk or Koala), that tends to indicate that's the exam entitlement that will allow to you take the exam using a KIOSK or using the Remote Exams environment. So if the payment was made, you should get the rest by email after some processing time.

For me, after I purchase an exam online, I get an email titled "Red Hat Training: Payment confirmation for Order Number xxxxx" , then automatically a second one explaining everything.
Note: there's usually a delay between the time you pay online, and receive the first email. Sometimes hours, sometimes days.

Then it should have instructions how to schedule that individual exam, and how to prepare the Remote Environment (if you have selected that method of taking the exam).

Hope that helps a bit, do check if the support for proper help!

0 Kudos
StompGlix
Cadet
Cadet
thank you
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.