cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewEAS
Cadet
Cadet

RHCSA Mock Simulator

I am looking for an RHCSA practice simulator or mock exam environment. I am of the understanding that there is not an official simulation environment for the certification. What practice simulators or mock test environments are there available? What do people use to gauge their prowess before undergoing the exam?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Travis

The closest thing Red Hat has for Mock Exam simulators are the end of chapter labs or the comprehensive reviews provided as part of the training course. While these aren't a 100% exact match to the exam format and delivery, it is good enough to give you a feel of what the questions will be like and how you might be tested and evaluated. 

I will generally build my own simulations for an exam on what "might" be asked and practice looking up things I can "copy/paste/tweak/execute" from man pages or other on-system documentation. I also look to see where I can streamline my processes and cut down time to implement a given task. 

The other great location for preparing for exams is looking at the topics and objectives. That gives you an idea of the information you should know and what you might be tested and evaluated on based on given exam questions. Finally, the most important thing ... whether you purchase exam prep books, build your own exam environment for simulation and testing, or finding some company that gives you one ...

• Red Hat Exams are hands-on objective based so there is no multiple choice, fill in the blank, true/false questions. All involve actual hands-on-keyboard work to complete a given scenario.
  • Red Hat Exams are version specific, so if you are going through a simulator or your own home-built practice environment, you should be using the same versions of RHEL OS and Product XX (if something other than plain SysAdmin exams) as tools, documentation, and in some instances implementation is different.

Hope that helps

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
0 Kudos
dkcbk
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You can try some Udemy courses. Most of them have pre-build lab environment and it is not so expensive as Redhat courses.
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.