Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhahu
Cadet
Cadet

Remote exam pre check kernel panic

Jump to solution
I see this error when i boot in to live usb for rhel exam End kernel panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs on unknown block ,
Any help appreciated.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PetrCihlar

This Issue is not related to Secure Boot as the computer is able to start booting. What helped me once was disabling the Internal SATA controller in BIOS. Some computers allow this. I had Dell Latitude Laptop. Please be careful when changing anything in BIOS, it is your own responsibility. Always remember what you did and set it back, the computer may stop booting or working the usual way

Petr Cihlar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@userhahu is your BIOS settings as per the recommended settings by Red Hat Exam support ? Are you using the latest ISO ? Is secure boot disabled ?

In any case you can always reach out to exam support for any help / guidance / official response in these matters : https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 
Please note that "Exam support link" ( https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments ) is the official channel for raising support case and taking guidance/ help for anything related to exam. All other comments and suggestions are provisional.

0 Kudos
Sanju7
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@userhahu Please ensure you're booting from UEFI mode on your system, not from Legacy.

Please check the below 2 settings in the BIOS - 

1. Secure boot must be disabled

2. Boot from UEFI mode not in Legacy

Note: If you switch from Legacy to UEFI mode the secure boot may get enabled automatically even if it was disabled before. So, make sure secure boot is disabled after UEFI is selected as boot mode.

You may take help from any of the local technician or if you're comfortable doing it by yourself, you can do it at your own risk as Red Hat will not recommend to make any changes to the BIOS settings

0 Kudos
PetrCihlar

This Issue is not related to Secure Boot as the computer is able to start booting. What helped me once was disabling the Internal SATA controller in BIOS. Some computers allow this. I had Dell Latitude Laptop. Please be careful when changing anything in BIOS, it is your own responsibility. Always remember what you did and set it back, the computer may stop booting or working the usual way

Petr Cihlar
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.