cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhel_since_3
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Remote exam speaker not working

Since AMD is not working, I purchased Asus X415 now on fedora 33 speaker not working.

However I verified when I boot through actual OS either windows or Linux speakers are working

Whats resolution can I use earphone 3.5mm jack instead of speaker ?

Exam expiring soon no slots, no successful compatibility test ( only speaker, mic is fine I can see red bars moving )
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PetrCihlar

Hi,
speakers are not required for the exam. Just be sure the mic is working. Check the Sound settings, the mic drop-down selector, and the sensitivity slider. Red bars should indicate the sound being captured. The Jack plug for the external mic is usually connected to the internal sound card and it is not likely to work as well if the internal speakers are not working. The solution is to use an USB mic. It has been discussed here in the forum many times

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
rhel_since_3
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Yes red bar is moving, so as you confirmed speaker is not required, I will book slot. Mic is working fine
0 Kudos
rhel_since_3
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Fedora 33 is already old . Is there any new build likely release for remote exam ?

Probably latest build using latest version of fedora may support modern hardware.

0 Kudos
PetrCihlar

As far as I am informed, RH works on two ways.
Adding new modules to the current build to get better support.
Upgrading the Fedora version.
No idea when it is going to come out.

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
dalouis
Cadet
Cadet

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.