Did you mean: 
Rafal_0
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Some inquiries regarding the remote exam

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding the remote exam:
1- Can I use the Wi-Fi network to conduct the exam remotely?
2- If I tried to access the exam before 20 minutes from the exam time, but I was not able to eccess for some reason, and I contacted the support by sending a request in case they were late in answering, what should I do?
3- Can I drink coffee during the test?
4- If a problem occurs in one of the vm boot and I will not be able to boot it normally, can I reinstall it?

Thanks,

Labels (3)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Wasim_Raja

Hello @Rafal_0 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

A: Yes, you can.

2- If I tried to access the exam before 20 minutes from the exam time, but I was not able to eccess for some reason, and I contacted the support by sending a request in case they were late in answering, what should I do?

A: The proctors will call you via phone in case of emergency.

A: It should not be a problem

4- If a problem occurs in one of the vm boot and I will not be able to boot it normally, can I reinstall it?

A: I don't think resetting of VM can be done in the remote exams

Tagging @PetrCihlar to correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Wasim

View solution in original post

PetrCihlar

Wifi is allowed, Ethernet preferred. In case of using wifi, check the link speed in the adapter details (settings) to check the adapter speed limit. Signal strenght and driver compatibility may cause running the wifi adapter at lower speeds.

You may access the exam usually 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time. Proctors call you out when you are 10 minutes late. What you can do? Open the support chat directly from the booted exam usb stick.

VM during the exam can be rebuilt.

Greetings and good luck all the candidates for the exam

Petr Cihlar

Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Rafal_0 !

Do not worry too much about exam scenarios - You will get the required info in the exam instructions and moreover you will have a live proctor who will help you in any case. 

VMs handling during an exam is your thing / responsibility and you can do whatever you want - you will only be helped if the issue is not from your side ( and more precisely if the issue is from the exam infrastructure side ). 

Exam instructions and infrastructure is out of bound for discussions but rest assured they are simple , pretty straight forward and contains all the required info for you to work / perform the tasks. 

shashi01

@Rafal_0 

Yes, you can use two USB ports on your laptop directly without needing a USB hub. Most laptops have multiple USB ports specifically for this purpose, allowing you to connect multiple devices simultaneously.

12 Replies
Wasim_Raja

Hello @Rafal_0 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

A: Yes, you can.

A: The proctors will call you via phone in case of emergency.

A: It should not be a problem

A: I don't think resetting of VM can be done in the remote exams

Tagging @PetrCihlar to correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Wasim

Chetan_Tiwary_

+1 to what @Wasim_Raja replied. 

The best way to avoid any last minute glitch is to check the compatibility of the exam ISO with your system 1 - 2 days before the exam. In case of issues - reach out to exam support here : https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 

Rafal_0
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

I don't mean the ISO itself, I mean the VM  which I will apply the tasks on it during the exam.

AnithaRaaji

Hi @Rafal_0 ,

In case you get connection error while performing task in the VM console, the proctor will guide you to reboot and join back. The Task/work will not be affected. Remote exam support would contact you in case of any delay in joining back. Hope this answers your query.

PetrCihlar

Wifi is allowed, Ethernet preferred. In case of using wifi, check the link speed in the adapter details (settings) to check the adapter speed limit. Signal strenght and driver compatibility may cause running the wifi adapter at lower speeds.

You may access the exam usually 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time. Proctors call you out when you are 10 minutes late. What you can do? Open the support chat directly from the booted exam usb stick.

VM during the exam can be rebuilt.

Greetings and good luck all the candidates for the exam

Petr Cihlar
Rafal_0
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @PetrCihlar 

Kindly, can you explain the last point more? In what cases is rebuilding the VM allowed? How can I request to rebuilt? Can I request a server reinstallation if a problem occurs with the booting?

Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Rafal_0 !

Do not worry too much about exam scenarios - You will get the required info in the exam instructions and moreover you will have a live proctor who will help you in any case. 

VMs handling during an exam is your thing / responsibility and you can do whatever you want - you will only be helped if the issue is not from your side ( and more precisely if the issue is from the exam infrastructure side ). 

Exam instructions and infrastructure is out of bound for discussions but rest assured they are simple , pretty straight forward and contains all the required info for you to work / perform the tasks. 

Rafal_0
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you so much, dears!

Chetan_Tiwary_

My pleasure @Rafal_0  ! All the best !

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.