Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leon189
Cadet
Cadet

Do I need RHCSA to take RHCE

Hello,

I am confused. I know that rhcse exam was mandatory for taking rhce exam but if you look at:

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/rhce-faq

How will the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification and exam be affected?

There will be incremental changes to the RHCSA curriculum as part of the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, but these adjustments will be distinct from and less impactful than the RHCE changes. To successfully pass the new RHCE exam, you will not be required to become a RHCSA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8. However, we do recommend you take the new curriculum to properly prepare for the new RHCE exam (EX294) that is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 concepts.

Best regards

14 Replies
shashi01

@Abhinanth8 

Yes, after you attempt the RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) version 9 exam, you will be informed of whether you have passed or not

Exam results are emailed within three US business days.

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Yes @Abhinanth8 You will get to know the results after the exam as it happens generally with other Red Hat exams. 

0 Kudos
shashi01

Hello @Abhinanth8 

You are eligible to attempt the RHCE exam, but you will only receive the certification after you have successfully obtained an active RHCSA.

I recommend contacting the exam team for further help by filling out the form at the provided link.  https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/comments/

Thanks for the information.

Chetan_Tiwary_

You are welcome @Abhinanth8 !

I highly recommend you to earn a RHCSA as well so that you can get the RHCE certificate too. 

Also you will get an altogether new flavour of exam topics in RHCSA and RHCE in v9 with topics on Containers basics and Ansible autmation. 

Please let us know if you need any other help. 

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.