Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spurs
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

optical disk mounting on RHCSA

Jump to solution

Hello!

I know the mounting optical disk is necessary to deploy a proper Linux environment.

Actually, I've never seen this question on the practice exam. (for example, setting up repositories is basic question) Is it because this is kind of default thing users need to do? 

I want to clarify if I should mount an optical disk during the exam. If yes, I wanna ask quick questions

[/dev/sr0 /mnt iso9660 ro 0 0] This is the one I always enter in /etc/fstab.

Can I type 'defaults' instead of ro in the 4th column? 

+real last question

I've seen the error 'no medium found on /dev/sr0' Is this caused because an optical device is not mounted?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @spurs !

Thanks for reaching out!

You dont need to mount any optical disk during exam for any exam tasks. You will be provided with exam scenarios were you will have to configure the linux server and troubleshoot for an issue.  Exam infrastructure is already provided to you so that you can complete all the exam objectives properly. 

Please check the exam objectives for your preparation. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @spurs !

Thanks for reaching out!

You dont need to mount any optical disk during exam for any exam tasks. You will be provided with exam scenarios were you will have to configure the linux server and troubleshoot for an issue.  Exam infrastructure is already provided to you so that you can complete all the exam objectives properly. 

Please check the exam objectives for your preparation. 

spurs
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I see, thank you!

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.