CrisM
Cadet
Cadet

Is there much difference between 415v7.5 and 415v9.2 ?

Jump to solution

I was wondering if course content was changed significantly? or just an update to OS and application versions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@CrisM -

So there are some definite differences as @Chetan_Tiwary_ mentioned, although they are minor version differences. The differences mentioned there are in versions of software and the use of AAP, so during the Ansible chapter, we spend a lot of time teaching the new AAP2 concepts with Ansible Navigator rather than using the ansible-playbook command.

Some of the more significant changes is now for the NBDE (Clevis/Tang) encrpytion chapter (Chapter 3) you are using the RHEL System roles rather than configuring the CLEVIS/TANG servers by hand. This is also using Ansible Core (ansible-playbook) command because we are leveraging the RHEL System Roles package as installed via the RPM method.

The other large difference will be newer SELinux items and changes to some of the default security policies and crypto policies. Probably the newest and hardest thing about the changes is PAM. Now instead of the authconfig tool, you will be using authselect as this was introduced as a replacement for authconfig starting in RHEL 8 so you are selecting PAM profiles and enabling/disabling items based on this new tooling.

Other than that, the course seems mostly the same. I'm delivering the new version of the course this week and those are the large things I can remember off the top of my head. I've got all of my demo materials available and some notes if you want to look at them.

https://github.com/tmichett/rh415_v9

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@CrisM The topics are mostly same just that You will learn to monitor compliance and to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve issues by using OpenSCAP, Red Hat Insights, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. You will have a basic introduction to how Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform automates the deployment of remediation to systems, by using Ansible Playbooks from OpenSCAP or Red Hat Insights.

This course is based on RHEL 9.2, Ansible Core 2.14, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2.4, Satellite 6.14, and OpenSCAP 1.3.7.

0 Kudos
Travis

@CrisM -

So there are some definite differences as @Chetan_Tiwary_ mentioned, although they are minor version differences. The differences mentioned there are in versions of software and the use of AAP, so during the Ansible chapter, we spend a lot of time teaching the new AAP2 concepts with Ansible Navigator rather than using the ansible-playbook command.

Some of the more significant changes is now for the NBDE (Clevis/Tang) encrpytion chapter (Chapter 3) you are using the RHEL System roles rather than configuring the CLEVIS/TANG servers by hand. This is also using Ansible Core (ansible-playbook) command because we are leveraging the RHEL System Roles package as installed via the RPM method.

The other large difference will be newer SELinux items and changes to some of the default security policies and crypto policies. Probably the newest and hardest thing about the changes is PAM. Now instead of the authconfig tool, you will be using authselect as this was introduced as a replacement for authconfig starting in RHEL 8 so you are selecting PAM profiles and enabling/disabling items based on this new tooling.

Other than that, the course seems mostly the same. I'm delivering the new version of the course this week and those are the large things I can remember off the top of my head. I've got all of my demo materials available and some notes if you want to look at them.

https://github.com/tmichett/rh415_v9

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.