Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Suggestion For EX-200

Dear all,

As-salamu alaykum

I have scheduled my EX-200 on 25-0-2019, please give me some great tips.

and please help me with this one.

set umask 0066 for newly created users! the way i do it echo "umask 0066 >> /etc/profile, echo "umask 0066 >> /etc/bashrc" , i was thinking it sets default umask for all the users including system's & root, could it be that i copy the function or part of script from /etc/profile that checks for UID to set umask and create a snap-in file /etc/profile.d with modified mask.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Here is a big tip: Look at the published objectives and go from there (I'm assuming EX200 for RHEL 8):

RHEL 8 EX200 exam objectives

I mention this because umask isn't in them. As a result, you won't be tested on umask. -- at least not in the manner you are asking about.

There is this, which might have something to do with umaskDiagnose and correct file permission problems. Even so, this isn't the scenario you asked about.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I was just thinking about this: Why would anyone use 0066 for a umask value?

With files, this would result in 0600 (rw-------), which makes sense.

With directories, however, this will result in 0711 (rwx--x--x). Why give execute premissions to group and others without the ability to (at least) read the directory?

This can lead to problems:

[bob@server63 ~]$ id
uid=1001(bob) gid=1002(bob) groups=1002(bob),1001(sales) ...
[bob@server63 ~]$ ls -ld /opt/test

drwx--x--x. 2 root sales 22 Sep 22 20:34 /opt/test
[bob@server63 ~]$ ls -l /opt/test
ls: cannot open directory .: Permission denied

And, if a file is created in the directory, you get this (which, of course, would only have an impact if groups and others needed access to the file):

[bob@server63 ~]$ ls -l /opt/test/test.txt
-rw-------. 1 root sales 13 Sep 22 20:34 /opt/test/test.txt
[bob@server63 ~]$ cat /opt/test/test.txt
cat: /opt/test/test.txt: Permission denied

While directories with 711 permissions can obviously exist, I would imagine that it would be highly improbable that Red Hat would ask you to do such a thing on a certification exam.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College

Hello All,

I am trying to schedule my EX200 exam on remote site, in the stpes of Shedule, it is asking for Certification ID which I have no clue about. Anyone can give me a tip what it is that mentioning "Certification ID"

Many Thanks

PriyankaraREDHATEXAM.png

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.