Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

having issue with repo

Dear all,

As-salamu alaykum

it was working with previous file as i tried to mv old repo file to folder and make a file to practice i am getting this error,alos tried to use previous it also did not work.

tried already :-

dnf clean all
rm -rf /var/cache/dnf
dnf upgrade

[root@ibadi repodata]# yum repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
App 79 MB/s | 5.3 MB 00:00
Base 64 MB/s | 2.2 MB 00:00
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'A', ignoring this repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'B', ignoring this repo.

Logs:-

2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG repo: downloading from remote: A
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG Cannot download 'file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/AppStream/': Yum repo downloading error: Downloading error(s): repodata/18b916195629c8cac7d07ece1dbe61ec2b48bb835ea72f5ecc837976a52d5726-productid.gz - Cannot download, all mirrors were already tried without success.
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG repo: downloading from remote: B
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG Cannot download 'file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/BaseOS/': Yum repo downloading error: Downloading error(s): repodata/18b916195629c8cac7d07ece1dbe61ec2b48bb835ea72f5ecc837976a52d5726-productid.gz - Cannot download, all mirrors were already tried without success.
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z WARNING Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'A', ignoring this repo.
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z WARNING Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'B', ignoring this repo.
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG No module defaults found
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DDEBUG timer: sack setup: 660 ms
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DEBUG Total packages: 0
2019-09-11T02:33:40Z DDEBUG Cleaning up.

Please let me know cause of this problem ,cause I do not want to deal with this in exam.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JS_Learning

Hi,

1) You are not supposed to use DNF in RHEL8 (even if it's based on dnf, it's actually yum Version 4). I think it's ok to use, but it's best to stick with yum for that reason.

2) The repos files are stored here:

/etc/yum.repos.d/

Most likely you have some repositories files there, with a config referring to (a) repo url(s) which is not reachable.

3)If you provide the context in how these repos were added, then maybe it's also easier to explain you how to do differently. As far as troubleshooting goes, it simply seems here about the URL, so it would be the question of checking the repo files, see the urls, ping, check paths, etc...

Cheers

0 Kudos
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

[root@ibadi ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/new.repo
[A]
name=App
baseurl=file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/AppStream/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0[B]
name=Base
baseurl=file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/BaseOS/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi,

So this file seems wrong...the baseurl seems to be not valid.

Easiest way, especially that it seems you did not read well my post asking to provide the context, would be to get rid of that file and properly add a repo.

1) rm /etc/yum.repos.d/new.repo

2) yum-config-manager --add-repo="http://  repo url /"

3) (optional), modify the newly created repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and adapt the config (like adding gpgcheck= false, for example). Note that it's possible to add that in the command in step 2), but it's longer to explain :D

That should make you having a working repo.

0 Kudos
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Well  you'r pointing out yum-config-manager method with an HTTP server hosting the repo, in my case I am using extracted data from an RHEL 8 ISO image copied to a DIR and pointing basurl right to it, I created file from scratch by just ading only important filed like [repo ID], name, baseurl, enabled, gpgkey, I just did to practice my skills for repo related question, I did this many time i have encounterd this once before but then I just re-installed the OS.

If I consider your suggestion which is that something wrong with the baseurl, actually I copied all my previous repo files (Before doing it) into a folder, after this I tried to run rm -rf /etc/yum.repo.d/ I copied old config & still same error.

0 Kudos
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I tried the yum-config-manager, but still no success, i think repomd.xml is reachable but for some reasone yum is not able cache it.

[root@ibadi ~]# yum-config-manager --add-repo file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/AppStream
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
Adding repo from: file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/AppStream
[root@ibadi ~]# yum repolist
App 96 MB/s | 5.3 MB 00:00
Base 85 MB/s | 2.2 MB 00:00
created by dnf config-manager from file:///root/Desktop/local-yum/AppStream 94 MB/s | 5.3 MB 00:00
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'A', ignoring this repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'B', ignoring this repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'root_Desktop_local-yum_AppStream', ignoring this repo.

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

I see, indeed I was talking about http url repos.

It would really help in the future if you could provide a bit more information in your initial post, as the context was a bit incomplete :D

I am not 100% sure the url was wrong, that was the error message seemed to indicate... Maybe as the other user said, there's a problem with subscription preventing you from accessing any packages. In that case, I would say the error is not very clear and could be improved... It should be made obvious that the subscription is mandatory and that it will fail getting any packages...

Would be great if you contribute and raise that to bug reports :)

0 Kudos
JangoJeff
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

When you typed "yum repost" and "yum-config-manager --add-repo "did you notice this line in your output?

You need to have a subscription attached before you can get any packages.

0 Kudos
Tanveer
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I took developer subscription and still facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.