Red Hat Certified Architect Changes

Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Red Hat is making some changes to the program and the way that we position it to help IT organizations and professionals worldwide better understand the program and what it means to be an RHCA.

For years, in order to earn RHCA you first had to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE.)  As the Red Hat product portfolio expanded into middleware, we expanded the program to provide a path to RHCA for developers who have earned either Red Hat Certified Enterprise Microservices Developer (RHCEMD) or Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD.)

Check out this article by Randy Russell, Director of Certification for Red Hat to learn more.  It takes you through the changes to the Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) Program in detail.

3 responses
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Where are you still seeing them listed with your certificate number?

The verify page does not shows them for me and has not for a long time (if ever). Anything you added to yur LInkedIn is your choice of advertising and I choose to list each individual certification with a link to the verify page.

If you continue to see concentrations listed as certifications instead of recomendations at Red Hat sites, please let Red Hat know they missed a page during their update.

Not applicable

Hi Susan, 
Yes, I was referring to this page -> Currently, it shows:

Current certifications

Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
RHCA: Cloud
RHCA: Datacenter
RHCA: Application platform
RHCA: Application development
RHCA: DevOps

Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

It seems like it got updated, Denis. 

Although I would've loved the name to be "Red Hat Certified Infrastructure Architect" more than "Architect in Infrastructure".  But I understand they want to keep the "RHCA" intact.