is there a need to remember the yaml syntax in order to pass the EX280 exam

Jump to solution

Hi,

in all the DO280 labs, there are different type of yaml files, such as limits, quotas, network policies, etc. should we remember all that in order to pass EX280 exam? 

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ricardo_jun

@Steve_Zeng 

Knowing the general conception is mandatory to create OpenShift's YAML definitions as as @damiansztankows stated. There are multiple YAML definitons that depend on each other (like secrets that needs to be mapped into LDAP authentication mechanisms).

Despite the YAML definition,you might need to remember how to create them: to address it, there are three approaches you can follow:

1. Know which guide in Openshift documentation addresses exam objectives, and usually in that doc there will be an YAML example that you can use as a guideline.

2. Rely on the web console to create your resource: Believe or not, it has great templates when you hit the create button on the workload/Networking/Storage/etc menus, on the left side of the the Administrator's perspective. 

3. If you cannot remember what a single field in your yaml definition mean, you can use oc explain <resourceName>. It is the man for OpenShift/K8s. If you want to know what you can add as in the spec field from a deployment:

oc explain deployment.spec

Hope that helps with your exam.

G'Luck!

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
damiansztankows
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

You shoul be familiar with general concept, how they work, why you should use this and that resource. I'm always trying to make a connection or map with between resource like networkpolicies or quotas and the documentation. Based on  that I'm memorizing general concept of such resource and where is a reference under documentation. If there is no documentation or documentaion is not enought in my opinion, I'm trying to find diferences and, memorize them and at the final exam, I'm composing yamls based on documentation and my memory. 

cheers,
DamianS

~RHCA Infra Level IV~
ricardo_jun

@Steve_Zeng 

Knowing the general conception is mandatory to create OpenShift's YAML definitions as as @damiansztankows stated. There are multiple YAML definitons that depend on each other (like secrets that needs to be mapped into LDAP authentication mechanisms).

Despite the YAML definition,you might need to remember how to create them: to address it, there are three approaches you can follow:

1. Know which guide in Openshift documentation addresses exam objectives, and usually in that doc there will be an YAML example that you can use as a guideline.

2. Rely on the web console to create your resource: Believe or not, it has great templates when you hit the create button on the workload/Networking/Storage/etc menus, on the left side of the the Administrator's perspective. 

3. If you cannot remember what a single field in your yaml definition mean, you can use oc explain <resourceName>. It is the man for OpenShift/K8s. If you want to know what you can add as in the spec field from a deployment:

oc explain deployment.spec

Hope that helps with your exam.

G'Luck!

Regards

fannullone
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@ricardo_jun 

Would you let us know the url for this documentation that is available during exam, so we can get familiar....
<<<<<<<
Know which guide in Openshift documentation addresses exam objectives, and usually in that doc there will be an YAML example that you can use as a guideline.
>>>>>>>>

0 Kudos

@damiansztankows and @ricardo_jun,

Thanks a lot for the great notes. really appreciate it. 

carlos_arias

Hey @Steve_Zeng , it's possible to pass the EX280 almost with the `oc --help` examples alone. For example:

carlos_arias_0-1705400955968.png

RHCA - Level III
Free software for free people
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.