Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies

Hello my name is Sarah and I am glad to be a part of this community. I love to watch anything on Netflix and I love to eat lol! I am in school for cyber security and Red Hat is very new to me. I'm a tad overwhelmed but am excited for the semester.

Hello everyone, my name is Bettina and I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College working towards my degrees in Networking Management, Networking Administration, and Cyber Security. The only experience I have had was through the IT courses that I have taken and The dabbling in fixing/repairing software and hardware on my personally owned computers and every now and again my friend's desktop and laptop. As an individual, I am not too much of a people person so I figured this is the perfect career for me. I am self-motivated and an overachiever. I am a private and down to earth type. Other than that I plan on continuing my education by transferring to FSU. I look forward to all the new things that come with this semester and I am excited to get started. I hope everyone is staying safe. Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Good evening, my name is Jacqueline.

I am being introduced to Red Hat training for my Linux course towards my degree in Computer Science. I currently work as a IT help desk administrator and want to expand my knowlegde in IT. I look forward to all the training and discussions that will be availble.

t_baldauf
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,
I am Thomas from Austria. I first used RedHat Linux back in school in 2000. I did a upper secondary technical school, later graduated from University of Vienna in IT Management and had my first job in food processing automation. For the last 8 years I worked as IT Manager and teacher in the Austrian School System in K8 and K12.
This year I will have a new role as ambassador for the future learning lab in Vienna (www.futurelearning.at) and also will start my first own business.
I want to provide schools all over Austria and SMBs with high quality IT knowledge and help with processes and customization going digital.
I am here to get officially certificated and I am super excited on kubernetes and docker - as I see these as very promising eco friendly technological steps for the IT of the future.

Hi Everyone,

I am a student at Fayetteville Tech in the Systems Security and Analysis program. My background is more in Data Management and PC Repair which enjoyed but wanted more in technology.  So, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and learn a new path of technology. I don't have a strong foundation in using Linux but I do have some knowledge of Linux due to previous classes.  I am super excited to learn more about Linux through this Red Hat platform. 

Jaya
Cadet
Cadet

Hello everyone,. I am Jaya Sharma doing BTech from graphic Era deemed to be university and recently I am in 2nd year CS branch. I am new to this red hat community and I hope that I will work well with this coming to. Actually I am a dedicated person towards my career and wanted to explore more and more as possible and always ready to help others too if anyone need my help I am always there whatever I I am good at I will definitely have thank you and I also want your help.

Hello! My name is Dareon and I am looking forward to learning new things in the technology world. I am currently taking classes in Fayetteville, North Carolina, attending the community college FTCC. This is my first experience with Red Hat

30-27-36
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Everyone!! I am totally new to this Red Hat Community! I am a soon-to-be retired firefighter. I look forward to learning so much from this community of experienced Linux Professionals!!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Christian McKenney. I'm a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC. My major is IT PC/Support. I am currently taking a Linux/Unix Single User course (NOS-120) this semester. This is my first time using Red Hat. I look forward to learning more about what Linux has to offer since I'm a little familar with it. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this community.

Re1212
Cadet
Cadet

Introduction:

Hello everyone, my name is Richard. Currently my background is in Pest Control and I am looking for a career change. My sister introduced me to a few courses while she was getting her degree and figured it looked interesting and something that I would like to do so here I am giving it a go. I do not have a whole lot of computer experience except the basics and a few courses I took last semester but I am looking forward to learning more. I don't have many fun facts about myself except that I worked in Iraq for a few years and in Afghanistan for 4 years as a contractor supporting the military and currently I am working in the Bahamas on a naval installation. The world of Covid has put a damper on in class learning so here I am taking online classes in order to better my knowledge of computers. 

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.