cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO180 Ch06S02 quiz question

Taking D0180, I picked A, but answer is B? cluster admin creates storageclass, users with admin/edit can create PVC. what am I not getting?'

Which statement is correct regarding persistent storage in OpenShift and Kubernetes?

A
A PVC represents a storage area that a pod can use to store data and is provisioned by the application developer.

B
A PVC represents a storage area that can be requested by a pod to store data but is provisioned by the cluster administrator.

C
A PVC represents the amount of memory that can be allocated to a node, so that a developer can state how much memory he requires for his application to run.

D
A PVC represents the number of CPU processing units that can be allocated to an application pod, subject to a limit managed by the cluster administrator.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I guess the wrong bit in A is this : "is provisioned by the application developer."

Using Openshift, the storage resources are provisioned transparently to the application developers (ie, they don't need to log into an NFS server, create a share, etc), and thus B is more accurate. Openshift can also provision storage automatically, but that's a cluster administrator responsibility, and not an individual delopver's.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.