Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hsadikot
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

User Namespaces In podman

Jump to solution

I was trying to execute the lab exercises for the DO180 course. When I tried to execute the following command:

sudo podman run --name persist-db \  > -d -v /var/local/mysql:/var/lib/mysql/data \ > -e MYSQL_USER=user1 -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=mypa55 \ > -e MYSQL_DATABASE=items -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=r00tpa55 \ > rhscl/mysql-57-rhel7

Since I am revisiting this exercise the container was already built. Hence I had to remove it first for which i Used the podman remove command. After using this command It gave me an error:

Error using podman rm commandError using podman rm commanduser namespaces are not enabled in /proc/sys/user/max_user_namespaces.   

Is disabling user namespaces related to the concept of rootless containers?. If yes then how do I resolve this error so that I can continue with the exercise.

Thanks,

Huzefa

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flozano

Hi @Hsadikot - the DO180 environment is not setup for rootless containers, so you need sudo in every podman command. See that your first command includes sudo, while in the second you missed it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
flozano

Hi @Hsadikot - the DO180 environment is not setup for rootless containers, so you need sudo in every podman command. See that your first command includes sudo, while in the second you missed it.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.